23

"You are being awfully quiet today," Myra pointed out as she followed the Mercedes driver, both making their way to the hospitality. It was race day so people were in a hurry, and those with paddock passes were stopping the driver for selfies or autographs.

"Didn't sleep well," Daniella replied, hiding half the truth. She forced a smile to take a photo with a group of fans before going inside the hospitality.

"Is it because of George?" Myra asked, implying the argument the two drivers had the previous night.

"Or because you didn't get any action from Max last night?" Nate joined the duo, half his attention on the sandwich he was eating.

The race engineer got a light punch from his girlfriend while the driver's cheek slightly turned red.

"Can we stop talking about my private life and focus on the race?" Daniella slightly snapped before walking away.

She still hasn't processed the kiss properly and hasn't even told Max, but she is more than sure what his reaction would be and couldn't help but worry.

***

Daniella walked with Lewis to where all the drivers were gathering right before the driver's parade. The weather so far looks decent but there is a huge possibility for rain and everyone knows that.

"Listen, about last night..." Lewis sounded apologetic. "I thought it would have been a good idea if you and George talked things out but...I didn't think it all through and I am very sorry..."

"He kissed me," Daniella blurted out, not able to carry the burden alone anymore.

"What?" Lewis sounded surprised his eyes went wide. "When? How?"

Daniella looked around and pulled him to the side so they could get some privacy.

"He followed me outside and we had another argument and..."

"But it was raining out there."

"Yes..and..."

"So he kissed you in the rain?"

"Yes, but I don't..."

"Did you kiss him back?"

"Stop interrupting me and let me talk," Daniella snapped, turning eyes towards them.

"Sorry, please continue," Lewis apologized.

"We argued. He said he wants the truth or he will do much worse than just crash me out of the race, I almost cried, and then... he kissed me," Daniella explained in a low voice, almost whispering. "And no, I didn't kiss him back, I just... ran away back to the hotel."

It took Lewis a few seconds to process the information as Daniella started to feel even more guilty and worried, almost thankful that she is out of the championship otherwise she wouldn't be able to drive with a clear mind.

"Does Max know?" Lewis asked.

Daniella shook her head, giving him the answer.

"You better tell him before soon," Lewis advised. "In fact, I think you should tell him now."

"If I tell him now he will get angry and then mess up his race," She looked at her boyfriend who was having a fun conversation with the other Red Bull drivers. His eyes fell on her and sent a soft smile.

"That's exactly why you should tell him now," Lewis mumbled.

Daniella rolled her eyes and decided to ignore his advice.

"Just don't tell anyone, okay?" She let out a deep shaky breath.

"Not even Toto?"

"Especially him," Daniella replied as she walked away from her teammate and went to join her boyfriend.