25| Out for Blood

"Hello

"Hello." I groaned answering the phone.

I sat up and looked at the time. It was three in the morning. I don't even remember what I was doing before I fell asleep. The last thing I remember was crying in Barron's arms.

Actually, I spent the whole night crying over the interaction I had with Graham. It was devastating. I get sick every time the vision of the pained look on his face comes to my mind.

Graham is my only brother. I love him to death. I will do anything for him to be happy again. I just can't and won't give Todd away.

"Hi, Farrah. Sorry for calling you so late." Briana sniffled on the other end of the line.

She was crying. That got my attention.

I shot up. I was now completely coherent. I turned to my side to see that Barron was not in bed beside me. It doesn't even look like he spent the night here.

Where the hell is he?

"No it's fine Briana, are you okay?" I asked concerned.

The A/C was blasting, and it was freezing. I usually keep the temperature at my house cold, but not this cold. I stood up and grabbed my light green robe, and wrapped it around my body.

"I'm fine." She blatantly lied. From the strain in her voice, I could tell she was crying, and it was three in the morning. She was not "fine"

"Is Barron there with you?" She asked with a trembling voice. "I-I've been trying to call him, and he is not answering any of my calls." She said it so quickly I'm shocked I even heard what she said.

Barron was not here. I had an awful feeling in my gut, but I could not address that right now. My main focus was Briana and her well-being.

"Barron isn't here," I answered. "Briana. Talk to me. What's the matter?" I asked. "Um...I..." She was beginning to get on my last nerve. "You know what, I'm coming to you." I didn't let her complete her sentence.

I hung up the phone and began to get dressed. I threw on my pink sweatpants and a white tank top and charged out of my room.

Enough was enough. I've held this in too long. I know I said I would give her time and space, but I can't let my friend get hurt.

I entered Todd's room. He was in a deep sleep, I almost felt awful for waking him up, but I had to do what I had to do. I shook his shoulders and he flung his eyes open.

"Aunty." He groaned angrily.

If there is one thing about Todd, he loves his sleep and he becomes a complete monster if you disturb him from his precious nap.

"Hi Toddy. We have to go on a little trip okay." I whispered to him. "No!" He spat angrily before he shut his eyes and went back to sleep.

He wouldn't dare speak like that to my mom.