17| Adjustment

"Alright baby girl, that's it

"Alright baby girl, that's it." My dad said bringing the remainder of Todd's things into my apartment.

My mind was riddled with Destiny.

"I feel bad about leaving Destiny," I said sadly.

As soon as we got back in the car and made our way back home I went back and forth with my decision on leaving baby Destiny behind. It was probably the shittiest thing I've ever done. How could I leave that poor girl behind and keep Todd?

I took off my shoes and walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. With trembling hands, I took large sips.

Todd was asleep in my room as we speak. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail. My dad stared at me with emotional eyes. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. I became emotional... Again.

"Don't cry, baby girl. Everything is going to be alright." He said before he kissed the top of my head.

Graham is nowhere in sight. I called him and left him several text messages but he has yet to reply to any of us. I pray that he is not as angry as Sunny for keeping Todd. I don't know how I will handle it if he becomes furious about it. There is nothing that can be said or done that will even make me consider giving Todd away.

"I'm going to get going. Your mom is blowing up my phone. I should probably get home and talk with her."

I nodded my head. Sunny told mom and she is now on the verge of a violent rampage.

My dad gave me one final hug and walked out the door. I stood in the same spot for a few moments just reflecting on everything that happened the past couple of hours. I just made a life-changing decision.

I am now responsible for a three-year-old toddler. I don't have any kids of my own. I don't know the first place to start.

I went into the bathroom and took a long shower. I washed my hair and scrubbed my entire body multiple times.

When I got out and saw the time I was shocked that it was almost 7 am. My calves were killing me. The past forty-eight hours have been some of the most stressful encounters I've ever had. All I wanted to do was lie down and rest. Finally, now that it is all over. I get to get some rest.

I got in bed beside Todd. I looked over at him. He was sound asleep. I placed a kiss on his cheek and my heart began racing.

The second my head hit the pillow I dozed off. It was well into the afternoon when I woke up. I felt refreshed. Todd was beside me playing on my phone.

I quickly grabbed it from him. I had several missed calls. Most of them were from Sunny. I was not going to talk to her. I was still upset at the things she said to me. As sisters, we bicker here and there, but this time Sunny took it too far. What she said was so hurtful. I would have never expected her of all people to speak to me the way that she did.