30| Everything

I stared forward at the half-empty bottle of gin in front of me

I stared forward at the half-empty bottle of gin in front of me. I was drunk. I have not been this drunk since my freshmen year of college. I ended up meeting Fiona that night. Although I did have fun. I woke up with a killer headache. My coach made me run laps for hours afterward. After that night I swore off alcohol.

It never did anything for me. It tastes awful and it made me act like a complete idiot.

After the day I had, a drink was much needed. I reached for the bottle to pour myself another shot. My mind was becoming foggy. I felt out of control with myself.

Levi was right in his prediction. I was granted full custody of Mateo. I did not think it would be that easy. I meet with the social worker in the morning to pick him up. I am going to be responsible for him up until he turns eighteen.

I was nervous and I did not know the first thing to do when it comes to taking care of a preteen.

"I think you had enough." Bevy said before grabbing the bottle away from my hand.

Before we went to the social worker, Levi and I stopped by Bevy's house and told her everything. I was fully expecting her to call me every bad word in the English dictionary but she didn't. She took it on a lot differently. She became a caring and understanding older sister that I had no idea even existed.

"So what is the plan?" Bevy asked me in a sincere tone. "Do you want us to come with you when you get him? I can bring my kids along so he won't get nervous around a bunch of adults." Bevy suggested.

"No, I don't want to overwhelm him. I'll pick him up myself." I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

I turned my head and saw that the sun had set. I have been sitting in the same spot in my kitchen for a few hours now. After everything was handled I just came back home with Levi and Bevy.

So far, only Levi, Bevy, and Farrah know about Mateo. I haven't told my dad about this yet. I don't even know how to begin that conversation.

I swung back my drink and my head was spinning. She was on my mind.

Farrah.

I feel so terrible for abandoning her but I could not face her until I had everything done. I avoided her calls the entire day. I don't really have any excuse except that I did not know what to say to her. Everything happened so quickly.

Bevy poured the rest of my liquor down the drain and like clockwork there was a loud knock on the door. It was Farrah.

I shot her a text message about thirty minutes ago telling her that I think we should talk. I want to officially put everything on the table.

Farrah knocked on the door another time then I heard her wrestling around with her keys.

We exchanged each other's apartment keys a few days ago. When she entered she stared at me then back at Levi and Bevy.