Porcelain Breaks. (13)

"Yeah, we'll protect each other from our fears." You hear footsteps from a distance and head towards the door, peeking out. What you saw was the last thing you had expected.

══════════════

"Who's there?" The person stops dead in their tracks. "I can see you, come out." You don't move, it doesn't sound like Tsukasa but what's the harm in a little caution? The world throws surprises left and right. "The longer you refuse to come out, the higher the chance you get in trouble." You step out from the girl's washroom by their second warning, it could be someone in the police force; and you didn't feel like being arrested on top of everything else that's happened today. "Y/N?" They come out of the shadows into the light that the dusty window casts behind you. The dull light reveals Sakura Nanamine, the girl you'd befriended the first day you had found yourself in this mess. "Sakura, where have you been?!" She moves her hair from her face. "I've been occupied with schoolwork, I wasn't able to come to the broadcast club because I was too busy studying, so I apologize."

You sigh and sit down on the floor, patting the spot beside you. She sits down, brushing down her uniform skirt. You lean against her shoulder. "Is this okay?" You feel her hand nestle in your hair. "Of course." You lean into her more, resting your eyes. You had finally felt safe for the first time since you had met your supernatural stalker. "Sakura, I have a question about Tsukasa." The shoulder of hers that you're resting on tenses up. "Why did you make that deal with him?" She simply sighs, taking her hand out of your hair. "I had a wish, he granted it. But as always, wishes come with consequences. The consequence that the universe had gave me was that I was bound to him in return. I'm in his debt as long as I'm bound, the same as you."

You felt bad for her, not only were you bound to that psychopath, but she was as well. She stands up and holds out her hand to you, you take it and she pulls you up off your feet. "We're in the same circumstance, you see." She looks at the ground, the strands of her hair crown her face. "Tsukasa has been getting quite frustrated that you're not accepting his affection." She tucks one of her strands behind her ear and looks into your eyes. "As twisted as it may seem, I recommend you comply with him." She notices your taken aback expression, looking into your eyes that showed your confusion and fear.

She stands up straight and faces you completely, putting her hands gently to the side. "I simply don't want you ending up hurt, or worse. He gets upset very easily, I'm certain you've experienced this first-hand already." There's an unsettling silence for a moment. "You couldn't possibly fathom what it's like when he's completely engulfed by rage." Despite her strong, ongoing emotion-derived tone, you hear the fear that claws through her voice that very moment. She's just as scared of him as you are. "That said," She walks closer to you, putting her cold and doll-like hands around you to wrap you in an embrace, but something doesn't feel quite right. "I'm sure you'll understand why this has to happen."

You feel a shiver go throughout your whole body as you see the black mist that clears over the dull light. The little source of light you had had is consumed by the thick and dark mist. You, Sakura and the hallway become engulfed in it, the mist is suffocating as you breathe it in. You start coughing and hear an eerily familiar chuckle. Sakura turns you around in a quick motion, holding your hands behind your back with her hand. "I'm sorry, I can't disobey him. I loved having you as a friend." She shakily whispers, you feel something rest on your back and a sudden wetness on your uniform shirt. Your breathing gets heavy and you descend into a state where you feel intuitively aware of the rubatosis growing louder in your ears. All you could hear was your heavy breathing and heart as your hearing began to fade out. 

You slowly lift up your head, shaking with true, genuine fear. Glowing amber eyes stare into yours from a short distance. You feel the hand holding yours together loosen, getting yourself together, you take this as a chance to escape while her guard is down. You turn around and push her to the ground, running as fast as you can. You glanced back at her, she was kneeled on the floor, eyes wide with shock and tears as she watched you run. But, she shakily smiles at you and whispers words that you barely caught as she had put her head down, wiping her eyes. You manage to catch one thing however, 'I'm sorry.' 

══════════════

word total: 802