Cold Love. (9)

Tsukasa returns the blade to his brother and faces you with a loving smile. You try to run, but he grabs your arm and prevents you from doing so. Black mist swarms around the two of you. Hanako looks at you one last time with a concerned yet fearful expression before you're completely engulfed in the mist.

══════════════

You open your eyes, Tsukasa is holding onto you with his head laid against your chest. You give him a moment and pull away. He stares at you blankly. He comes closer to you again, "Y/N." he grabs your wrist tight and looks down at the floor. You notice that his other hand clenches into a fist. You feel the sweat forming on the back of your neck. You're about to gently ask him to let go, but he speaks before you. "I don't want you to be around other people anymore." Your face forms an exasperated expression, "Why can't I?" you pull your arm out of his grip. He looks into your eyes again, eyes becoming darker. "People will try to take you away from me, then I'll have to waste our precious time together getting rid of them. I can't have that, now can I?" He smiles in a sinister manner. You feel the need to run away, but you can't get yourself to move.

His smile grows into a careful, more 'loving' smile. He rests his hand on your cheek and caresses it. "I want to spend the rest of our days together, and that means eternity." You stare at him with wide eyes, 'Eternity? That's fucking insane.' you thought. He puts both of his hands on your cheeks and lifts himself up to tower over you, forcing your head up so that you'll look at him. He keenly stares into your eyes. "You feel the same way, don't you?" You furrow your eyebrows. "What?" You place your hands on both of his arms and pull them away. "No, Tsukasa, I don't." You back away from him. "I'm done here." He was taken aback by your response, all he could do was stare at you with a bewildered expression. You walked away from him, slinging your bag over your shoulder and walking over to the Broadcast Room exit.

His footsteps come towards you at a fast pace as you reach for the exit's handle, his hand wraps tightly around your arm, to an almost bone-crushing extent. "You're my lover. I have to keep you with me. No one else can have you, I won't let them. I'll protect you and keep you safe from everyone, I promise." He wraps his arms around you, holding you less tightly than how he was holding your wrist, but still holding tight enough. "Please stay, don't leave me here all alone..." You were barely able to catch what he had said, it had come out as merely a broken whisper. It was gut-wrenching, he sounded like he was going to cry, but you knew you had to go. 

You shift in his arms to face him. "Tsukasa." He stares at you wholeheartedly with hope in his eyes. You look at his breaking state and feel a singe of guilt. You wrap your arms around him in a quick motion, hugging him. He hugs you back, holding your head to his chest, laying his head on top of your head. He sighs into your hair. Tears prick at your eyes, but you know you can't cry now, you're about to break his heart. You pull away from him, he reaches for you, it hurt you to see him being so vulnerable, being a complete wreck for you. You look away from him to make this less painful for the both of you. "I'm sorry, this is over." You turn to walk out the door, "Why..." but you're stopped by his shaking hand holding your wrist. "Why won't you just let me love you? I know I can't give you everything you want, but I'll give you my unending love, a forever home that you will stay in forever and I'll make sure you're never ignored or bored!" His grip on your wrist moves down to your hand, holding it gently. "Do you not like me anymore because I'm dead and cold?" You feel the tears falling, so you gently take his hand out of yours and breathe in. "That's not it." You breathe back out, "I'm sorry, goodbye Tsukasa." you walk out the door, leaving the boy standing alone and conflicted. With your heart pounding and tears slipping down from your eyes down your cheeks, you rush up the stairs, through the hallways to the front of the school.

When you get home you throw your bag onto the floor of your bedroom and lay in your bed, snuggling into a pillow and holding it tightly. You feel the tears falling again and shove your face into the pillow, tears dropping onto the pillowcase and staining it. What a rough week. Your phone dings, you turn to pick it up off of your nightstand and look at the notification, it's a worried text from your dad asking why you haven't been in contact with him the past two days. You sigh, clicking on the message notification and answering him. You told him that you had been sick, that you hadn't been on your phone in those two days and that your phone was on silent. Thankfully for you, he doesn't ask much more and tells you he hopes you feel better soon. You put your phone back on the nightstand and reach for the TV remote. 

You turn it on, the channel is your local news. You go to change it, "10 students were found dead at Kanome Academy this evening, if this is a murder, the murderer has not been found. We wish all families of these students well." but this announcement stops you in your tracks. Your breathing gets heavy and you zone out. 10 students were murdered at your school. Tsukasa was one of the many things that came to your mind. You think to yourself, 'Does Tsukasa have something to do with this?' 

══════════════

word total: 1028 words

sorry about the long wait, i kind of forgot about this fanfic and i was busy with some things from my personal life and i've been struggling a lot mentally. i can't promise chapters, but i'll try to continue to write this story!! :)

have a good day or night wherever you are <3