Secret Affilations

Chapter 9

                “Yako-chan, what are you doing here, hmm?” Deidara asked, befuddled.

                “I could ask you the same! What are you doing with these people?” I retorted. The other members looked back and forth at us, as an awkward silence had reached the room.

                “Deidara, how do you know this bitch?” Hidan, questioned, breaking the quietness.

                “Uhhh, well, yeah…” he said nervously.

                “We’re lovers! I just call him niichan because he’s older,” I quickly input, getting apprehensive looks from the others, and a perplexed gaze from Deidara. Thankfully, everyone seemed to believe this, and he quickly grabbed my arm and took me into his private bedroom.

                “Why the hell are you here?” he asked, almost annoyed

                “To see my wonderful nii-chan why else,” I muttered sarcastically. In truth we were siblings, but only half siblings. My father had been from a different clan, and he had Deidara. His mother had died, and our father got lonely and basically hooked up with my mom. Apparently, the guilt was too much for him, so he abandoned my mother and me at pregnancy. However, I had met Deidara multiple times in our youth. He was 3 years older than me, and used to act like a complete older brother, despite us being from different clans. Since the Shrine village was not too far from Iwagakure, which was where Deidara was from, we had seen each other multiple times. But ever since I turned 10, he had fled the village and I lost contact to him. He had soon become a missing-nin, but by then I had assumed he was somewhere. It had sadden me that the one I could spontaneously talk to, but I pledged to get stronger to find him somewhere in the world. But lately, I had forgotten about him.

                “Mhmm, you have to leave, why are you here? These are bad people, yeah,” he whispered. I bit my lip, should I trust him or not? Ninja should never trust anyone, except themselves. His face plastered on an expression of insistency, not coping with well with me hesitating. Sure he was my brother, but he also worked in an S-Class criminal organization, with 8 other people who could possibly instantly kill me. I couldn’t reveal my true mission I was here.

                “I need money…” I said looking at the ground, biting the inside of my cheek. The lie would make me seem like I’ve been living as a prostitute.

“What?? What has become of you, hmm? That is not how it’s supposed to go? These men will rape you and then kill you, yeah!” he said vehemently. I licked my lips.

“Deidara. I have nothing more to live for, the whole clan is dead,” I accidently leaked. Wouldn’t he realize his half-sister is being tracked by this very own organization, despite her already being here? The Miyamoto clan would probably have ringed a bell to him, or he just kept his mouth shut.

 I had told the other members we were lovers, in case they questioned me about being related to him. Having a mysterious sibling would be a lot more attention-grabbing, than a secret lover. He stiffened at me telling him about the death of my clan.

“It was Leader-sama, wasn’t it…” Deidara whispered. I nodded my head as I noticed the dark glare forming on his face.

“The Akatsuki is after me, that’s why I can’t say I’m your sister; they’ll trace back your family.”

“Dammit, un, I told them my parents had died that’s it,” he said in a hushed whisper. I suddenly felt another presence in the room, and I quickly turned around to meet a pair or red gleaming eyes. The sharingan. My eyes widened as Deidara looked about as startled as I did.