15

"Hello?"

"Hey, mum," I answer as I slump down onto my bed, fidgeting with my top as I wait for a response. 

"Hi. Is everything okay? I thought you were going to call on Sunday?" My mums asks, seeming concerned. To be fair, she wasn't wrong, something was hurting me.

"Yeah, I know. I've just had a shit week," I say, my voice breaking slightly at the end of my sentence as tears begin to stream down my face.

"Oh, what's happened?" She asks. I hesitate at first but it's not long before I'm telling my mum about the argument with Harry. How Harry had said he didn't want a relationship and how I felt like I'd been lead on. It's almost been a week since that happened. I haven't heard anything from Harry since then. I didn't think I would miss him this much, in all honesty. I once felt confident and elated to know I had him, those feelings now gone and replaced with loneliness, helplessness and, above all, emptiness. Once I finish my rant theres silence over the phone, I briefly wonder if I've scared off my own mother with my issues.

"Oh, that sounds horrible. I'm sorry. Why didn't you tell me? I could've come to London to see you?" She questions.

"No! No, no, you don't need to do that. I'll be fine," I almost wish the last sentence.

"How have you been holding up?"

"I mean... not great. I only left my bed on Friday," I almost chuckle, realising how pathetic I sound. I'm an adult, I shouldn't be in bed after an argument. I'm surprised I've let myself be this weak.

"What do you mean? Have you not been to work?" My mum questions sternly. I take a minute to reply, a sense of fear growing inside of me as I realise she is probably disappointed in me. Tears begin to roll down my face as I realise that I've let my feelings control me.

"No, I- uh... took the week off..." I trail off, screwing my face up as I await her response.

"You should've told me, Y/N, you can't be missing work over some... boy," The tension in my face is released as I realise that I made the situation worse in my head. My mum wasn't disappointed, but if she was, that's okay too. I sniff my nose and wipe my tears.

"What should I do, mum? I don't know if I'm ready to lose him yet," I almost choke on my words.

"Well, if you don't want to lose him, go tell him,"

"I don't think he'll respond to any messages," I chuckle.

"Then don't, actually go to him," She laughs back.

I contemplate it. If I go to him, I face potential rejection and heartbreak. I've grown close to Harry over the past couple of months and I don't want to lose him. However, on the other hand, he might have changed his mind. I might not lose him. He might actually want me. My train of thought is ended as I hear Daisy barking from the other end of the phone. I let out a light laugh.

"I better go, Daisy's wanting lunch," My mum says.

"That's fine. Bye, mum, and thank you," I reply.

-------

A/N: Hey, hey. I'm finally back with another chapter! I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see u soon :D