i should stop

After school Finney waited outside, just as he told Robin he would.

Robin showed up a few minutes later, happily waving towards Finney. He quickly checked behind him to make sure Robin wasn't waving to someone else. When he looked back, there was no one, so Finney faced Robin and waved.

"You ready?" Finney asked, adjusting his bag on his shoulders. "Yeah!" Robin nodded, lightly grabbing Finneys hand and pulling him along the sidewalk.

Finney looked down at their intertwined hands, becoming slightly flustered. His eyes trailed up to Robins face. Robin looked over at Finney, and his gaze quickly redirected towards the ground.

"Were you staring?" Robin asked with a light chuckle. "No. I was uh, looking behind you," Finney excused.

"Sure," Robin said sarcastically. Finney didn't bother replying.

Once the two arrived at Robins house, they took their usual seats and went right to work. Finney helped Robin understand what it was they were doing.

"Jeez, why do you have to be so good at everything?" Robin complained after Finney was done talking. "Thanks. You just need to pay attention in class."

"I try to, not my fault everything's so boring," Robin huffed out. Finney smiled and looked down at his lap.

"It's getting dark out," Robin spoke. Finney turned his head to look out the window, "the sun hasn't even set," he pointed out.

"You could stay anyways. I got this cool action figure i wanted to show you!" Robin told him excitedly. Finney shook his head. He felt bad having to always leave so quickly.

"I can't, i have to be home. I left my sister and i have to make sure she made it home safe," Finney told him. "Oh come one, she'll be fine. She's what? Twelve?" Robin shrugged.

Finney nodded. "You always have to leave so early. Just one time, stay a bit longer? I'll even walk you home after," Robin pleaded.

Finney knew his dad would be getting home in ten minutes. It was enough time to walk home and act as if he was there since school ended. Or he could spend time with Robin.

"Alright, fine. I'll stay," Finney gave in. Robin cheered for a mere second. "Yes! Come on," he said, tugging Finney up to his room.

Robin showed him things from his room, introduced Finney to his uncle, had dinner, and now Robin was forcing Finney to watch his favourite movie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

"How the hell do you watch this stuff!" Finney squawked out after another scary part happened. "You scared of horror movies?" Robin chuckled.

"Obviously! If i was in that situation I'd just either cry or throw myself into him," Finney said, covering his eyes as leatherface killed yet another victim.

"Nope, i'd protect you and you would survive," Robins smile widened. Finney shook his head, "there would be no hope for me."

Finney glanced over at Robins clock, eyes widening in even more fear as he saw it was almost eight. He was supposed to be home five and a half hours ago.

He decided it doesn't matter in the moment and went back to focusing on the movie.

Finney shut his eyes from another scary part, and somehow his hand latched onto Robins and squeezed it tightly.

"Damn, Fin, you're gonna make my hand fall off," Robin joked. Finney quickly let go of it and awkwardly looked beside him. "Sorry," he told him.

"you're all good, I'm fine," Robin told him, nudging Finneys shoulder. Finney simply nodded.