Passion Comes Rolling By - Part 3 [for MUTCD anniversary] (by rev!)

I can feel my heart thumping from the suspense, hoping that it is not something Rod is upset about. I prayed that he is actually not misunderstanding the whole situation since I never meant to harm Roller, but from someone like Rod a half of me is sure that he understands.

"There is really nothing wrong here with what you're doing with Roller, but I want you to take things slow okay?"

My eyes widened in a slight shock, it seemed like he was actually aware of what was happening and actually showed some concern. Well, I would say that he is right. Maybe I should be more aware that I just met her, of course I probably have the case of "love at first sight" but this is not what Rod believes in. Besides, I don't want to make Roller uncomfortable around me, so like what he said I should take things slower.

"Uhm yeah, yeah I should note that... thank you for reminding me that Rod.." I muttered back to him as I felt myself flushed with embarrassment at how Rod found out that well. I had the urge to ask him how he knew or found out, or perhaps if anyone told him about this... but it is unnecessary and I really do not want to bother my leader much. I gave him a nod of appreciation for his advice, watching him as he also nodded back to me and took a sip of his orange juice, watching the sunset.

Yes, I should take things slow, Roller and I just met so I should treat her like a friend.

~~~

I decided to return back into the restaurant to see more signs gathered together. It is a warming sight to see most of the crew together for once as I scanned around the room for Roller. Out of nowhere Flagger popped up, trying to strike a convo with me. To not appear rude I think a small talk with him would be fine, just as long as I try to keep an eye out for Roller.

Time escalates as when I finally caught Roller at the side of my eye, standing by herself. She seemed to be quite bored, eating on some cake that appears to be construction themed. I think this is a good chance to talk to her again since I am now by myself too. Flagger has moved on to get some cake along with Shoveler and others, and now I am just waiting for another person to talk with. Slowly walking up to Roller, I tried to gather my confidence to talk along with her.

"So... Do you enjoy the party?"

It's been like minutes since we both chatted together, how many though? Twenty-five minutes? Thirty? I don't know honestly; we are caught up in the track of our little chit chat and we even forget how long we are talking together. Although all this "sitting in one place" and chatting in the restaurant with a crowd is making me feel sweaty.

Roller is trying to fan herself with her hands, sipping from her cold drink.

"Whew it is pretty hot in here, is it alright if we move outside?"

I looked up to her, nodding.

"I don't see why not though, besides it is hell in here."

She giggled back at my response, standing up and dusting off some cake crumbs off her skirt. We tried slipping ourselves through the crowd to make our way to the door that leads outside. It was already evening and I see no signs (pun intended) of Rod anywhere right now, though some of the signs are still here (Delina and Troa fighting as Eyropie tries to stop them, Sheldon still underneath the table). Roller smiled back at me as we felt the cool gush of wind, looking up at the starry ribbons and the full moon. I sighed as I suddenly felt Roller putting her arm on my shoulder.

"To be honest, if it weren't for you to cheer me up I probably didn't have this much fun tonight right here!" Roller spoke up with glee.

"I know, I should be worried about my broken bike... but you really don't have to mind that. I can get a new one anyways. The only thing that I really appreciate is the fact that you tried to cheer me up. I really enjoyed the party, it was nice to see everyone together and talking with you guys... It was a wonderful experience with you."

She laughed as she took off my helmet and rubbed my head.

"You're a real chad."

I shared back to her a smile, feeling myself slowly heating up not from anger but from happiness to be with her. Internally I felt quite sad, hoping that I am able to help her replace her broken bike. I wished that I am able to do much service for her, but again we both have completely different occupations and I just met her. I hope that this night means something special to her as it is to me.

"You're welcome... I am glad you at least enjoyed the night..."

We both huddled closer to each other, still remembering to keep things platonic. We then shared glances at each other again as I could see the stars reflected in her eyes. She gave me a goofy expression to lighten up the mood. As we both looked up, we heard bangs of the fireworks and the signhumans cheering, colorful lights sparking in the night skies to celebrate the 87th Anniversary of MUTCD.