Chapter 9: The Deity Of Wine Making

"Impossible?" Artemis mumbled with a mysterious smile on her face. "Even if my twin Apollo is involved with her fate?"

"Apollo?" Hera asked.

"Indeed, the God of sun and prophecy," Artemis stands up. Her eyes stared directly at Hera's orbs with a grin. "The favorite son."

Hera gritted her teeth as she clutched her fist around the chains in her palm. Wrinkles formed on her forehead in fury.

"WHAT'S HIS PROPHECY?!" Hera shouted.

"Stay calm, my Queen," Artemis jested. "The prophecy is not about Asche, it was about Hephaestus. It seems like your son will prosper and will soon be part of Olympus. However, my brother was confused with what he saw in the future."

"I do not care about Hephaestus!"

"But you should listen, Hera! Apollo saw Asche in Hephaestus's future," Artemis said to Hera in a low tone. "He did not tell me the details, but Apollo is bewildered by what he saw."

"What did he see?" Hera asked.

Artemis paused, and the Goddess clenched her fist. She can clearly remember what her brother told her regarding Asche in Hephaestus' fate. 

He told her that Asche wasn't supposed to exist in this world, she does not belong to those who live, and those who will die, therefore the underworld will surely come to investigate this situation.

Artemis answered Hera...

"Thanatos will come for Asche. Hephaestus might challenge the underworld."

•••••••••••••

"We're not safe here either, it was only a matter of time before the other Deities finds out that Aphrodite is on this Island," Hephaestus informed Ashe after arriving on the Island of Lemnos. "We need to do something about that child."

Asche took a deep sigh before looking at Aphrodite who was resting on her shoulders. Her hand patted the young deity.

It was already morning when Hephaestus, Asche, and Aphrodite arrived on the Island of Lemnos.

"Do you think that a war will break out because of this?" Asche asked in a worried tone. "The Goddess of Beauty disappeared without any trace, and if they find out that she's with us, this will put you in great trouble."

Hephaestus took a deep sigh. He placed his hand above Asche's head, granting her a comforting pat.

"Zeus won't let that happen, and rather than a war, a competition might take place in Olympus," Hephaestus explained. "But that's only a temporary measure to stop the war."

"Then Aphrodite is in danger..." Asche mumbled. "Not only her, but also us. What can we do to stop this?"

Hephaestus became silent after hearing that question.

He knew what he needed to do to prevent that. However, he was hesitant to tell Asche.

Turning in the young Goddess to Zeus was the best option. If the other Deities find out that Aphrodite is still a child, they won't try to covet her anymore, and a powerful guardian to protect Aphrodite will be given to her.

But returning to Olympus means that he will also return the little Nymph to Hera and Artemis.

"We will talk about that later. For now, let's go home," Hephaestus held Asche's back as he gently escorted her towards his house. "You needed to rest and replenish your energy. Are you not hungry?"

Asche consciously held her stomach.

Now that she can remember, the only food she ate yesterday was fruits and the burned fish she tried to cook.