Chapter 6: The Sound Of The Sea

Song of the Sea

••••••••••••••

Coast Of Cythera

"Geez, I wonder if this shell is made of Gold? I'll be rich if I can have a piece of that thing" I asked while squinting my eyes. My gaze landed on the golden giant clam floating in the sea.  "Anyway, when will Aphrodite come out of that thing?"

I returned my gaze to Hephaestus.

"Probably weeks from now," Hephaestus answered while avoiding my gaze. "Apollo never stated the exact day or time, but my mother Thetis told me that she feel the changes inside of that clam. If her guess is correct, it should be a week from now."

"Wow, It's near, I am sure that many Gods and Goddesses will come to witness her birth," I mumbled with a smile on my face. "It must be nice to be born lavishly. Anyway, how are we supposed to---"

Whaily, the whale who brought us to the Coast Of Cythera, suddenly stopped which made me out of balance. It was a good thing that my reflexes acted up before I fell to the waters. Demeter knows how Forest nymphs hates seawater.

Hephaestus suddenly jumped into the waters which created a big splash that almost reached me. I glanced at him with a confused face with my hands covering my lips.

Men! don't tell me I have to swim from here to there?

Anyway, I forgot to say that Hephaestus looks good in the waters. If I have a camera from the modern days, I would like to take a photo of him and sell it to magazines---- or maybe I should keep and adore it by myself. 

"Jump," Hephaestus told me with his palm directed at me. It was as if he was asking me to join him in the waters. "Wait, can you swim? If you don't know how to swim, then I'll swim you off to the shore."

My eyes fell to the waters.

This part of the sea is still far from the Coast so the waters are still deep. Whaily can't bring us to shore because she's too big, and she might be put into danger if she goes a little nearer to the Coast of Cythera.

But I can't swim...

I mean... I can swim a little, but rivers are different from seas. I am a Forest Nymph, and salt waters is a no-no for me. It's not like it affects me as a nymph, but it feels uncomfortable because it's saltwater...

My eyes went to Hephaestus' hand.

"I can swim but... Us-- the Forest nymphs don't really like salt waters. It feels like they are dehydrating us so I don't know if I can swim," I told him before taking a deep sigh. "Well... I'm sorry."

"It's okay, If you can't swim in salt water, then I'll swim you off to the shore," Hephaestus told me gently. A smile appeared on my face after hearing those words, his gentle tone sounds comforting.

Such a gentleman.

"Aren't you afraid that I might act like a pervert and touch your tiddies?" I suddenly jested with a grin. I glanced at him teasingly while caressing my rosy cheeks. "If I swim with you I might become a naughty Nymph and---"

"It's okay," Hephaestus replied with a blush on his face.

"Huh...?"

I stared at him with a dumbfounded face. I don't know if I heard him correctly, but am I hallucinating things? I must be hearing things, why would he suddenly agree like that?