Chapter 5: Queen Hera's Demand

Mount Of Olympus

"What are you doing?! WHO DID THIS TO MY MOTHER?!" Ares, the God of war shouted as soon as he saw his mother. Upon hearing the bad news that had happened to Hera, Ares who was engaging in a battle fled just to see his mother.

"ARES!" Hera shouted in her most affectionate tone. Her enraged face disappeared when her son went in her direction. "My adorable son, your mother had been bullied."

Ares, Hera's son with Zeus, was the most favored child by the Goddess. Unlike Hephaestus who had an ugly and disfigured look, Ares was beautiful and had a manliness circulating around him.

He is Hera's pride, the child that she had always wanted.

And most of all, Ares doesn't have his father's eyes.

"Who did this to you, Mother?" Ares asked as he kneeled beside his Mother's lap. The God of War dropped his bloodied weapon, his eyes fell to the Golden chains around his Mother's body. "I'll surely make them pay!"

Upon hearing that question, Hera momentarily became silent.

Zeus who was observing his faithful wife noticed the hesitation on her face.

"It was Hephaestus," Hera answered in a low tone. The queen lowered her gaze as she clenched her fist. "Your brother did this to me, your mother was tricked by Hephaestus!" Hera shouted.

Ares became enraged as soon as he heard it. 

"HOW DARE HE?!" Ares shouted as he clenched his fist. "How dare that man horrid my mother? How can he do this to you?"

"Stop making a scene, you are disgracing me," Zeus said with his coldest tone. "And stop whining, Hera, I'll do everything to get out you of that chair."

"You keep saying that, but I can't even see any progress," Hera mumbled. 

Zeus frowned.

"Do you think it was easy?" Zeus asked his wife "Stop nagging, If you only didn't throw Hephaestus away, none of this will happen."

Hera who heard that from her Husband can't help but grit and bit her lips. Fury was written on her distorted face, but at the same time, she can also feel tremendous pain and sorrow in her heart.

"And now this is my fault?" Hera asked with her fist shaking in anger. "If you never cheated on me, do you think this will happen to me? HEPHAESTUS MADE ME REMEMBER YOU! AND YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT IT'S MY FAULT?!"

Zeus frowned when his Queen told that to him.

"Now you're justifying your jealousy? And how can you compare me to that thing?" Zeus asked her with a displeased face. "Your insult to me went overboard, Hera. I cannot accept such words."

Hera who was filled with both fury and sorrow remained silent as she lowered her head. The Queen was trying to stop the tears that were forming in her eyes.

Him, being ugly was not the reason why I threw him away from Olympus.

His eyes... His eyes reminded me of yours!

I cannot stand those eyes... It will make me insane.

Ares' furious Golden Eyes went to Zeus who had a displeased expression on his face. He can't stand his father's ridicule of his mother.

"Stop spouting such nonsense to my mother," Ares spoke as he stands up. "As the king of Gods and Olympus, what were you doing when that bastard did this to my Mother?"

Ares gritted his teeth.

"YOU ARE THE KING OF OLYMPUS AND HER HUSBAND!" Ares shouted at Zeus. His Golden eyes glowed when he met his father's sapphire orbs. "HOW CAN YOU LET THIS HAPPEN TO MY MOTHER?"