Chapter 13

"Officer Stranks. Head of Silver City Police Department. Has the search begun?" he said proudly

"Yes sir. They have just been unleashed, won't be long now." the chief of Albuquerque replied.

"Good." and Stranks put down the phone.

Stranks really felt intrigued by this case. It wasn't often he had such an intense case and it relished he's mind every time he had the privilege to lock some lunatic up.

Albert Norman, the chief of Albuquerque Police department felt the same vibe about this case. It wasn't he's usual crime scene. The one thing he liked most about he's job, was having to face contact with other departments. It made him feel very special and needed.

* * *

Daniel got up onto he's feet with a thumping headache and a drawer hugging over he's body. He went down the stairs in search of Grace, but all he saw was the front door open and allowing the wind to send chills into the house. He ran out and down the street calling Grace's name, hoping she would come back. Suddenly, he remembered he had to take her to Henry. So Daniel tapped in he's number.

"Hello?" Daniel called out once he was put through.

"I told you not to call." Henry yelled.

"You have her?" Daniel called out and felt a hint of sadness.

"She'll be a good girl." and Daniel heard grunts down the phone and an evil laugh from Henry. Then the line went dead.

Daniel felt awful. 'Why did I do this to her?!" he yelled out on the deserted street and then he's echo drifted away in the atmosphere.

He crawled back into the house and emptiness soaked him from head to toe, and whilst he stood motionless in the silenced corridor, Daniel shed a tear.

He spent his afternoon ringing repeatedly to Henry's cell, and kept getting through to answer phone.

It reached the 7pm he planned to drop off at, and that's when he broke. He ran to he's room like a teenage girl in trouble with her parents, and he launched himself on the satin sheets and a puddle of tears seeped onto his pillow.

Eventually, he fell asleep and that night he dreamt about Grace being on her knees, sucking at him and looking up with her beautiful eyes and surrendering to her master. Daniel began to feel aroused and feeling the urge to spill until the dream turned into a god awful nightmare. Henry stormed in making Grace stop with the pleasuring, and look up at the unsightly view of her current master. Then, Henry pulled Grace up to her feet and placed a bullet in her head. As she fell down, Daniel reached out he's hands to grasp her and hold her as she died, but her body fell straight through him and dropped to the floor, letting the blood cover the floorboards. It was like Daniel was just a ghost.

With confusion in Daniels eyes, he turned to look at Henry, and a bullet was aimed to his head. As the shot was fired Daniel zoomed up right in bed and drenched in he's own sweat. 'It's too hot.' he thought to himself, and he jumped out of bed, to turn down the heater, just outside he's room. He opened the door, to be confronted by blazing flames. Henry had to remove Daniel from Grace's existence, so killing him was the only option.

Daniel began trying to tackle the fire with a pair of tight leather pants in the cupboard next to him, but there was no escape. It was spreading fast, and the paddles that we hung just above the door were melting away. He ran to the window, it only opened a fraction, but not enough for him to get out. Then, it hit him. Grace was now being removed from his life, and so the only way he could see her is in his memory. He flashed back to the time when she laid down in his arms and she smiled and nuzzled in close. Daniel struck back to reality when he quickly noticed the posts on the bed was glowing orange.

Oxygen didn't come enough for Daniel and he passed out choking and a vision of Grace still intact to his mind.

* * *

Fire engines, arrived about an hour later, and the whole building had been burnt to a crisp. Investigators and the search team located the destination as the same place the phone call had been held at. Hours of dusting the scene, on the following day, one of the trainee members of the team spotted a body. Which of course was Daniels.

"I can't tell if it's female or male." the trainee explained.

"Don't worry, we'll send it to the lab to be tested." Albert assured and walked away to appoint a body bag being necessary.

About half an hour later from discovering Daniels body, Albert was wandering around the scene making sure nobody was taking a coffee break, having a quick chit-chat. All of a sudden, a shiny piece of metal shun into the corner of his eye, and he dug through the rubble to see what it was. He was only expecting it to be just a brass ornament, but once he pulled it out, it seemed it was the grandmother's bracelet that didn't erode in the fire. He placed it in a plastic wallet, and he quickly made a call to Stranks.

First try, and Albert didn't get hold of him, but the second time it was a straight away pick up.

"Stranks." he said.

"Did the girl have a bracelet at all?" Albert asked.

"The mother said something about it being missing from dressing table." Stranks explained.

"I think we have it right here."

"What's the details? I'm looking a copy right now." Stranks said.

"It's engraved with the Queen's head. Looks a like a pound coin." Albert described, looking closer at it.

"What a match." Stranks said, with a smirk. "There is no way that the boyfriend could caused this fire, cos he was sleeping on wired mattress last night."

"We found a body too."

"Is it hers?" Stranks yelled and was really surprised.

"We need it to be tested. We aren't sure of the sex." Albert said with ease.

"Okay. If it is.. You think got overstressed with the police looking for her, so she killed herself?" Stranks guessed.

"Damn straight!" Albert said and looked back at the bracelet.

"Well, I best set free of the boyfriend, and let the parents know." Stranks said, rubbing his forehead.

"Get on it." and Albert put down the phone.

BTW if u want a dedication, just message me and i'll get to it :) xx