Chapter 12-Bore

You'd been living in the loop as long as anyone. You were in your late twenties when you'd first arrived at the children's home. Now there was eighty or so years added onto that, but you didn't really count it because you didn't age. After eighty years living the same day over and over and over again, things started to get boring. Even reading, something you used to take great pleasure in, grew boring.

You began causing trouble, just to keep things interesting. Once Alma had to kill the pub landlord and the policeman fifteen times in one month because you insisted on doing something stupid every other day. Alma had tried to stop you, once even locking herself in a room with you for a few hours to make sure you didn't do anything. As soon as she'd turned her back on you, you jumped out the window. She was very upset.

Then one day she made an offer do do something to try and keep you entertained. Now daily during free time, she'd play a game with you, or read to you, and sometimes she'd just cuddle with you. It didn't matter if you'd read the books, hearing her read them made them a million times more interesting. You loved the sound of her voice. And you definitely enjoyed cuddling her, she was warm and comfortable, and you liked the unusual calm.

Today was another day. The children were all off either doing their chores or playing. "So, what do you want to do today?" Alma asked you when you came into the parlor. You said nothing but walked over and sat on the couch beside her, leaning your head against the woman and closing your eyes. "Tired are we?" You nodded slowly.

She set the book she'd been reading aside and moved you to lay your head in her lap. She ran a hand through your hair as you both relaxed. Soon enough you'd fallen asleep. Alma smiled and leaned down a bit to plant a small kiss on your forehead before sitting back up. Soon enough she also fell asleep.

Whilst asleep Emma happened to stumble upon the two of you sleeping. She couldn't pass up the opportunity and took multiple pictures, which she'd probably use to blackmail your later.

—————

It's short, but it's sweet