Lock-In

When I woke up this morning it was raining. I hated the rain. Especially thunder and lightning. I cringed just thinking about it. I actually have a fear of thunder and lightning. Thank god I was only sprinkling.

I got up and got ready for school. I was feeling really lazy today so I basically did nothing to my face besides coating my lashes with mascara and applying a lip balm. For my hair I just threw it into a quick side braid. I walked to my closet and picked out a pair of leggings and a oversized t-shirt.

I walked downstairs and saw my brother eating a bowl of Lucky Charms.

"You look like a hobo," Gabe my brother commented.

"Middle schoolers are so annoying," I muttered under my breath but he heard it.

"Ok I'm in eight grade and I'm going to be a freshmen next year so technically I'm annoying," he stated.

"Well you are stupid. The school year just started," I said. I sat down at the table. "Grab me a bowl of cereal please?"

"You have legs get them your self," he replied.

"Idiot," I said grabbing a bowl.

"So I heard you have a boyfriend," my mom said walking into the kitchen.

I blushed and my cheeks became a deep red. "You told!" I yelled at Gabe.

"Nope," he said smirking. It was obvious he was lying.

"I'm going to murder you," I threatened.

"Erin don't threaten to murder your brother. I don't want you going to jail," my mom said laughing.

"Did you tell dad?" I asked nervously.

"Tell dad what? That you have a boyfriend and didn't tell us," my dad asked raising an eyebrow.

"I was going to tell you guys," I exclaimed.

"What at your wedding when you are saying your I do's," my mom said.

"We are not going to get married mom," I said. "I barely like him. He just wants me to give him a chance." I felt guilty for saying that. Their was a part of me that wanted to be with him no matter what.

"Whatever you say," my dad said. "We expect him to come over to dinner sometime this week."

"Ok can I-," a knock at the door interrupted me before I could finish my sentence.

"I'll get it!" Gabe exclaimed.

"No! Don't I'll get it," I said running to the door.

"Erin stay now," my mom said.

"I'm not a dog," I muttered under my breath.

"It's the boyfriend!" Gabe yelled out.

"I'm not going to embarrass you today but remember dinner this week," my dad said.

I blushed and ran towards the door to find Gabe talking to Zac.

"Hurt her and I swear I will make you regret even being alive," Gabe said.

Gabe was pretty tall. Well at least compared to myself who was 5'2 he was at least 5,5. Yep I was a midget. But he was still shorter than Zac who was probably 5'7.

"Hey why don't you go finish eating breakfast," I suggested.

"I'm watching you," gabe said.

"Well isn't your little brother adorable," he said laughing.

"Can we go I don't like the rain," I said.

"Of course," Zac said genuinely sounding concerned.