•.ELEVEN.•

the next morning, vance decided he would head off to the yamada's house and introduce himself, possibly talk to billy too.

vance knocked twice on the door, patiently waiting for them to answer. "hello?" said a kind looking woman after she opened the door.

"hi. i'm vance, i was uh, the one kidnapped with bruce," vance told her. her smile quickly faded. "oh, yes. he's told us so much about you," she told him. did bruce speak of vance before they properly met?

"james! get down here," the lady turned around, calling out to who vance assumed was her husband. "yeah? is it one of those girl scouts again?" james groaned as he walked down the stairs.

"no, it's vance," she told him. "oh! how nice to meet you, i'm james. bruce has spoken highly of you since he got home," james smiled, holding his hand out for vance to shake.

vance glanced down at his hand, hesitanting before he shook it. "i'm confused, the one doctor said he died?" vance said, confused. "oh dear! no, no. he's very much alive, he's in his room right now," bruce's mom shook her head, explaining the truth to vance.

vance nodded. "oh, that's very good to hear. i should get going, i don't want to bother him," vance admitted. "oh don't be silly. bruce really had been speaking about you this whole time, he really wants to see you. i'll take you up to his room," erik quickly told him.

vance nodded along and followed her upstairs. she knocked on bruce's door, waiting for his reply.

"go away," vance heard bruce saying from his room. "there's someone here to see you!" erik excitedly told him. "tell them to go away," bruce spoke quietly.

"don't be rude, bruce, he's right here," erik informed him. "i don't want to see anyone," bruce raised his voice.

"i'm sorry, he's been like this all morning," erik calmed her voice and turned to vance. "it's alright," vance shrugged. he did understand with everything bruce just went through.

"it's vance," erik told bruce, turning back to his door. there was silence for a few seconds before bruce's door flung open, him standing eagerly next to it. "vance!" bruce happily exclaimed.

erik smirked as she left the two boys alone.

"sorry about what i said like a minute ago," bruce mumbled as he pulled vance inside his room and shut the door. "it's fine," vance shrugged.

"so um. now that we're out and whatnot.. in the basement, when we said we er- liked eachother... did you really mean that?" vance quietly spoke.

"yes. did you?" bruce hesitantly responded. "of course i did," vance smiled at him. "okay, epic," bruce yawned and flopped back onto his bed.

"wow, i see how it is," vance joked as he sat down on bruce's bed. "i'm tired. i literally got stabbed," bruce tried to joke his way out the situation, but he will always have that trauma with him.

"speaking of that, why did you never tell me how weak you already were? the doctors told me that even if you weren't stabbed you had a high chance of dying already."

"i didn't want you to worry. i was just glad you were okay," bruce smiled. "you need to worry about yourself more," vance suggested. bruce shook his head. "i don't know," he sighed.

"oh, wait! did you want me to take you over to see billy?" bruce sat up in his bed. "yeah, sure," vance agreed, following bruce down the stairs.

"where are you two going?" erik questioned when bruce opened the front door. "just next door to see billy," bruce said. his mother nodded and walked off.

bruce dragged vance outside and politely knocked on billy's front door. "hey, bruce! and.. vance?" billy said once he opened the door.

"hey, billy! vance wanted to talk to you," bruce smiled. "about what? griffins over so uh, can't talk for long," billy mentioned.

"we could come another time," vance shrugged. "he knows you two used to be brothers," bruce blurted out. billy stared shocked at vance. "griffin, give me like ten minutes, sorry!" billy called out to griffin and walked outside, shutting the door behind him.

"how did you find out?" billy questioned. "i was telling bruce about you and he told me that it was you was my brother," vance explained. billy nodded along.

"i'm sorry about my dad, i begged him not to adopt you because i knew he'd be abusive towards you. i'm glad you're much better now," vance never thought of himself as a person who apologized, but here he was.

the two continued talking for another ten minutes before billy mentioned he should get back inside to be with griffin.

"bye, billy," vance waved to him. billy waved back and turned around to open his front door, yet it was locked. "griffin?" billy spoke. griffin giggled from inside. "griffin. open the door," billy knocked on the door. "no," griffin laughed. "i swear to god let me in," billy knocked.

bruce and vance walked off back to bruce's house and up to his room.

"so. now what?" bruce sighed, sitting on his floor. vance looked down at him. "i don't know. well- there is one thing i want to do," vance quietly mentioned.

"which is?" bruce tilted his head. vance didn't respond. he sat down next to bruce and looked over at him. vance sighed deeply. "what?" bruce asked him, still utterly confused.

"never mind. i should head home now, i have to do... i should go," vance mumbled, standing up and walking towards bruce's door.

before vance could open the door, bruce quickly tugged on his shirt, pulling vance away from the door. he looked to bruce in confusion.

"i think i have an idea what you want," bruce half smiled before he grabbed vance's shirt collar and pulled him in for a kiss.

vance was shocked at first, yet he kissed back. the two pulled away, both smiling like idiots. "you know what, maybe i'll stay a bit longer," vance shrugged, kissing bruce one last time.

bruce never thought he'd make it out of that basement alive or ever be happy, but here he was, kissing a boy he loved. kissing vance hopper.

—-
the way ny writing is deliberately getting worse 😭⁉️ anywho thats probabsly the end uhhhh im gonna do a goodbye nit ehere just cuz. this story was kinda ass im done with brance, moving on to rinney 😛

mmm alsoly idk when i'll start the new story i just will and post an announcement about it or whatever. okay adios pals thank you for reading this 😻

(1112 words.)