•.TWO.•

vance angrily trailed down the streets, mumbling curse words under his breath. he had just got into yet another fight with his dad.

"school called, said you got in another fight," vance recalled his dad telling him disappointedly during dinner.

"he was being a dick," vance reasoned, tapping his fork against his empty plate. "you're being a real dick right now too," he grumbled, standing up from his seat. vance stood up too, having an idea what was about to happen.

his father, tyler, slapped vance across his face. he just allowed it to happen. "you're a disappointment to this family, vance," tyler grumbled. he began saying more things, but vance entirely spaced out.

vance snapped back into reality as his dad hit him again. he didn't do anything to defend himself. he turned around and began walking away. "yeah, run away like you always do!" tyler shouted at him. "see if i care!" he shouted again.

vance shook his head slowly as he closed his front door and hopped down the steps. he shoved his hands into his pocket and quickly walked away from his house. he knew exactly where he would go. the one place that can distract him. a simple convience store called the grab n' go. what was so special about it? it had a pinball machine. vance's favourite game.

as he was walking along, he noticed a boy riding down the street, far away from him. vance knew exactly who he was. bruce yamada. everyone knew who bruce was. vance liked bruce a little more than everyone else did, but not in a weird way.

vance entered the grab n go, the teenage girl who works at the counter sighed loudly as she walked into the backroom. vance knew the family who worked there hated him, but it's not like he's ever talked to them, he just gets into fights a lot there so they always have to call the police.

vance walked straight to the pinball machine, seeing there was already someone there. "fucking move, dipshit," vance threatened them. the boy quickly glanced back, immediately backing away when he saw it was vance.

vance inserted a coin and began playing. he wasn't too sure how long it had been. vance had already played four rounds and got very high scores each one. on his second turn, some kid walked up to him and told him to leave, so vance just kicked him while he was still playing.

vance decided he was now done, so he stuffed his coins into his pocket and made his way out of the grab n' go.

as vance was walking home, a particular boy kept crossing his mind. he had no clue why, the two had never even interacted before.

vance just couldn't help but to be drawn to his appearance and his dashing personality. a light smile began to form on vance's face. he quickly frowned once he realized it. vance looked up to the street, seeing it was entirely empty. it was just him walking down the side walk.

then, a black van skidded around a corner and began quickly speeding towards vance. he tried moving out of the way and onto the grass, but it didn't work. he had gotten hit by the van.

vance tumbled to the ground, groaning in pain. "fuck," he mumbled, standing up. a man walked out of the van with a balloon in hand.

"hey, man, what the fuck!" vance yelled as he began angrily charging at him. the man didn't move. vance was about to start attacking him until the man stabbed him in the arm with a needle. vance quickly stopped moving. had he just been drugged.

vance could still feel everything for the time being, so he began punching him everywhere he could. the man tried fighting back, but it was clear vance was stronger than him.

his punches slowed down as the drugs kicked in. "fucking hell," the man grumbled, dragging vance into the trunk of his van. he slammed the door shut.

vance looked up at the roof of the van, feeling woozy. his eyes slowly shut, yet he forced them open. he couldn't move anything except for his eyes. vance eventually gave in and let himself slip into unconsciousness.

they next time he opened his eyes, there was a boy staring at him uncertainly from above. it was bruce. the boy he had been thinking about. had he been kidnapped too?

would vance have to stay in that basement with bruce? that would certainly be so fun, vance thought sarcastically.

—-
alrightay. sorry this one was so short it was just how he got kidnapped 😭

(781 words.)