The fight

A/N Warning: ANGST (hopefully feels. I tried really hard)

(John’s POV)

            Okay so maybe telling Callum that his deductions were brilliant was a bit not good, but I just couldn’t help myself. I have every bloody right to be mad at Sherlock, especially for leaving me at the Yard, and now for leaving me once again at the crime scene.

            “What’s wrong with Sherlock?” Lestrade asks, watching the cabbie take Sherlock away. I shrugged my shoulders, although I had a pretty good idea of what had happened. Sherlock was just showed up, I would be mad too if I was him. Although I thought he was supposed to be a Sociopath, so why would he be jealous?

            “Well John, seeing as your friend has left you once again would you mind accompanying me to get a cuppa? I know a cute little shop not too far from here.” Callum’ voice pulled me out of my thoughts, and I turned to see the tall man smiling warmly at me.

            “Why not?” I try to smile, but I can feel the guilt crushing down inside of me so hard that it turns more into a grimace.

            “Allons-y!” He shoots me a playful wink. “That’s French for, let’s go!” Callum strides away and I find myself jogging to catch up with his long strides, just like the times I did with Sherlock.

            No! Don’t think of Sherlock! He doesn’t need you. Yeah but I need him. That’s so pathetic John, he doesn’t care for you, he doesn’t care for anybody. Well then what’s the explanation for this morning? Just a trick to get you to come with him, he needed an assistant after all. That’s all you are to him; A tool. No, I am his friend, and I love him. If you love him so much why are you going on this date with his enemy? It’s not a date I’m just trying to prove to Sherlock that I don’t need him. Trying to prove that to Sherlock… or yourself? You are just trying to make Sherlock jealous, but what you need to do is talk to him. Go, right now. You never really cared about this Callum fellow anyway.

            “John!” I pulled myself out of my internal argument to find that I was sitting down in a corner booth at some café I don’t have any recollection of entering. The waitress gave me an impatient look as Callum just grinned.

            “Sorry, been away for a tad… uh, just tea for me thanks.” I say, and the young woman sends me an exasperated eye roll before leaving.

            “Wow john, I can’t believe you spaced out like that.” Callum said, grinning once more. Doesn’t this man ever stop smiling? It’s almost unnerving.

            “Just thinking.” I mutter, looking down in embarrassment.

            “About what?”

            “About…. About Sherlock. I really should get back to him.” The smile fades ever so slightly before reappearing; this time Callum put his slender hand over mine.

            “Why are you thinking about Sherlock when you are here with me? The man what? Left you alone for 2 years, reappears, and then leaves you alone once again? That doesn’t seem like the things a friend should do.” I yanked my hand out of his, not wanting to have this conversation and certainly not like this. Sure Callum was attractive but now that I looked closely he didn’t have anything on my Sherlock.