The hospital room

A/N: Agh 2nd to last chapter (3rd technically if I do an epilogue i'm still thinking about it) this story is almost over :(

Anyways thanks so much everyone for all the comments that you guys left me on the last chapter! I read every one and I seriously love you all so much for posting them (In response to one of my favorites, no, I'm not the love child of Moffat, although I'm going to take that as a compliment XD)

Anywho, here's the chapter. It kind of starts wrapping everything up so not too much action.

*~~*

(Sherlock’s POV)

I was rooted to the spot where I was standing, my eyes never leaving John as he teetered on the edge of the hospital. I saw the calm that spread over his face, one that I recognized as the same emotion that I had before I was going to jump. It was acceptance. Except, that time I had a plan. This time, John would die, and it would be all my fault.

            “Any day now would be perfect John.” Moriarty called, a bored tone to his voice. He then sent me a smirk, which I could only recuperate with a glare. Tears were stinging at the corners of my eyes, as I helplessly watched John lean forward. After all I had done to protect him, even going to the lengths of faking my own death, he still died because of me. I lowered my gaze, unable to watch the sight of the one person that I truly cared for jump to their death when I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. It was Callum, inching ever so slightly towards the gun that Moriarty had carelessly discarded a few feet away from him, thinking that he was dead. The blow to the head was hard, enough to crack his head open enough that Callum left a smeared blood trail as he made his way forward. He caught my eye, and winked quickly. What was his plan? Even if he did get Moriarty, there was the other guy a few feet away from John that could still push him over the edge.

            “Joooohhhnnnn, I’m getting bored.” Moriarty complained, turning away from us to face him. That’s when Callum saw his chance, and quickly shot up and grabbed the gun, staggering slightly and coughing up some blood. Moriarty turned around right when Callum clicked the safety off. He smirked.

            “What are you gonna do, shoot m-” He teased, when a loud bang went off, and Callum simply glared at Moriarty over the barrel of the gun as the other man slumped backwards, a surprised look etched on his face. Surprised, John had looked backwards quickly, losing his footing for a second causing the other guy to lunge towards him.

            “Don’t you dare lay a finger on John!” I scream, rushing forwards to stop him from pushing my John over the edge. I’m too far away to stop him as he reaches his arms around John, when he suddenly picks John up off the edge of the roof and turns and sets him down. He then pulls out a cellphone and pushes a button.

            “Yeah… I got them… dead. Alright, be down in a few.” I rush over and catch John, who was slumping over. I hold him tightly in my embrace, pressing my nose into his hair and breathing in his sweet scent.

            “I got you.” I mutter quietly, giving him a kiss on the head. I can feel John smile into my jacket. I then turn towards the man, who had extended his hand.

            “Detective Davis.” He grunts, grabbing my hand. “I’ll explain everything later, we need to get you 3 downstairs. Lestrade will be here in 5.” I nodded, then moved John to my side so that I could carry him easier. Davis grabbed Callum, who was hunched over in pain, and helps him to the door. He’s nearly unconscious, and when his head lolls back I can see a stream of blood dribbling out of his nose.