Chapter 5: reflection on time.

Sasuke has left the village, Naruto has left the village, Sakura has no team, instead she trains with lady tsunade. I was working at the Yamanaka flower shop until a visitor decided to pop through the door. I look up to find a cherry-blossom short haired young woman, red outfit, mesmerized teal eyes that fill my heart with hope, I look her up and down her smile, her vibe, her voice, her everything, gives me joy in my soul. I make sure not to look like an idiot in front of her, she's about 6 months older than me so of course I think she's superior.

"Ino! I wasn't expecting you to be working in the shop today" she exclaimed, putting down some money on the counter and walking around the shop looking for something.

"Sooo whatcha looking for sakura?" I questioned moving from the counter to help her look,

"I'm looking for some flowers for my parents wedding anniversary a week from now," she answers, bending down to smell some petunias,

"Well that's precious," I giggle, bending down to help her.

"Okay come on Ino! This is important!" She scowls at me now looking at lilacs. I smile at her since our bond has strengthened a bit since the sasuke incident. To be completely honest, I'm actually quite happy sasuke left the village now Sakura talks to me more and it's like our bond from 10 years ago. Maybe I can finally tell her how much she means to me, I know it's wrong but I can't help myself, but for her sake I decided to bury those thoughts since I wanted to help her with her parents' anniversary flowers, my mom's currently on a mission so i doubt my parents anniversary would be celebrated this year. I get up and grab a bouquet of red roses follow by carnations and asters, I hand it to her and she seems confused, at first I was wondering why she didn't take the bouquet but then I realized it seems as tho I was confessing in the partner love thing, I blushed a little and sit down beside her.

"Here, it's for your parents" I tried to give her the bouquet, only to be interrupted when the door slammed open and two kunoichis sprung forth.

"INO HELP ME HOW DO I CONFESS TO AN EMO HYUGA BOY AND HOW DOES HINATA CONFESS TO THAT KID WHEN HE COMES BACK THAT UZUMAKI NARUTO-" tenten paused, "never mind i'll come back when your not busy, also can't wait till you guys become a couple bye!" And with that tenten grabbed hinata and both girls left the flower shop with a confused Sakura and a flustered Ino.

"The flowers..." I muttered, "I assume you want to know the meaning," I say, she nodded her head and I take a deep breath "roses are for love and beauty, carnations are for deep love and admiration, and asters are for love and affection, perfect for couples young and old," I inform her, the part that I didn't tell her was and couples to be, like me and you perchance.

"Oh, thanks ino" she smiles and reaches for the bouquet our hands touched, but neither of us moved... it felt nice to hold her hand after 10 years,

"sakura listen," I started but before I could confess a worried tenten entered the shop.

"SORRY TO RUIN THE MOMENT BUT I JUST GAVE NEJI A YELLOW ROSE AND THEN I FOUND OUT THEY MEAN JEALOUSY HELP MEEEE!" tenten screeched.

"I better get going," sakura smiled, I handed her the bouquet and she left the shop ;I should have confessed, I told myself.

"sooo are you two official yet, or?" Tenten smirked pretending to sip tea.

"We're not and never well" I replied, sounding annoyed at the statement.

"Very well then, yet never say never girl," tenten responded, picking up a red rose this time.

"Alright are you gonna pay for that Justin Beaver or am I gonna have to ban you from the shop for shoplifting?" I joked heading to the counter to check her total, while we wait for her recite she tells me something I've been longing to hear,

"you know Ino, even if you deny it you and sakura would make an adorable couple you both are always hanging out and grabbing each other's arms. If you ask me, you both have a brighter future together than apart" tenten quotes leaving the shop with a single Rouge rose in her hand. ;we would have an amazing bright future together, if I could bring myself to confess. I realised that my future might be like my father (when he was younger). My teammates find somebody who will love them for the rest of their lives and I would be lonely and single for the rest of my life, I slowly walk to the door and flip the sign,

"dad! I'm heading out!" I yell leaving the shop. I walk alone through the streets of konoha, quite a lot of things have changed since we were genin. ;one day I'll tell her how I feel. I wander further until I see two familiar faces none other than Nara Shikamaru & Temari his formal chunin exam rival, the two always were like Polar opposites, one was brutal and motivated the other was chill and lazy, yet they work so well together with their minds and their sense of sarcasm. They were doing some report or whatever but I've had a rough day so I needed some rom-con, I decided to be my brother-figure's wing woman and mess with them, Shikamaru was drinking a slushie, temari was drinking a smoothie, shikamaru went to use the bathroom and temari went to get some of the food they ordered, I used my mind-transfer jutsu on a waiter to serve the other food they ordered to swap their drinks, since I knew they would be too busy to look at the beverages. About 5 ish minutes later they got back, and just like I predicted they drank without looking at their drinks. Right when they finished taking a sip they realized the taste was different and the entire cup was swapped. Right then their blood decided to rush and they were redder than tomatoes.

"S-sorry nara-" temari buried her head in one hand and moved the cup to shikamaru's side,

"no, no, I should be the one to say sorry" shikamaru did the same, used his hand to also bury his head in, and the other hand was used to move Temari's beverage back to Temari. I walked away feeling alot better about romance since it was nice to experience that indirect shikatema kiss. Never thought shikamaru was a romantic type, being Lazy and unmotivated and all. It felt like just yesterday they tried to kill each other in the ring, but now, now they're something more...Compatible.I wander further in konoha's streets, I decide to find choji to tell him about the shikatema moment I experience. I saw him with a bag of chips and a twin on each side, none other then karui and omoi the cloud twins, I watch the twins fight and choji try to calm karui down while omoi was frightened and run faster then Lee in the first part of the chunin exams, ;man, having a twin must be hard. Karui and Choji start to talk and Karui lightens up a bit, so I decide to let them be and walk away from the scene. It seemed just ahwile ago the only thing choji did was eat. I could have sworn he'd be single forever but the universe has that you'll never know what happens in terms of your everyday life, I'm happy for them.I take one last look around and decide to rebuild my relationship with Sakura Haruno, the girl who became my first real friend in the cold shinobi world. Wonder if the universe ships me and her, who knows, maybe we'll have two wonderful daughters in the future.