Chapter 10: the end?

"Girls, you have a mission" lady tsunade explained how we had to travel to some enemy territory. "Can I count on your medical jutsus to help out the current shinobi out there?" Lady Tsunade sounded as cold as ever.

"Ma'am! Yes! Ma'am!" me and Sakura were in sync.

"Good, now get out" lady tsunade got us out of the building at the speed of light. Me and Sakura start running past kohanas gates, ready for the action that awaits us. We get to the given cordentents in about ten minutes.

"I don't see any shinobi at the moment '' Sakura averted her gaze all over the place.

"Wait- there's something in the-'' too late, the enemy striked. Me and Sakura hit the ground, and we looked up to see masked figures.

"What do you say boss?" one of the masked ninja asked,

"tie em up, they'll be valuable for future trades" the buff one huffed. Me and Sakura looked at eachother then pounced off the ground ready to attack. She uses her shurikens while I get ready to use my mind-transfer & mind-destruction Jutsus.

"WHAT_" I screeched in annoyance, I missed, Sakura was using some genjutsu but this other masked guy knocked her out. And now- they were making me dizzy with some sort of injection.

We wake up, both tied to a poll, in a tent,

"ino! Are you alright?" sakura questions trying to pull out of the ropes.

"Yeah I'm okay- you?" I ask,

"I'm alright, but the ropes are a special chakra obsession type, we'll keep getting weaker the longer we are tied here." sakura summarises drawing a knife from her pouch to cut the ropes.

"They won't budge'' Sakura was a bit annoyed.

"Well, if we move in sync, we might be able to wiggle ourselves free" i suggest. We move in rhythm trying to get out of the rope surrounding us. Just when we were going to get free the tent opened.

"What do you two think you're doing?" the masked kunichi scolded, coming to re-tie the ropes.

"I feel weak" I complain

"my head is spinning," sakura mutteres

"Don't worry, you won't die, boss says you both are valuable aspects to our future plans, plus. These ropes can't actually kill somebody unless you use it to hang. These are just going to suck the chakra right out of you." The kunoichi laughs now, putting ankle weights on both mine and sakura's legs.

"Don't look so down ladies, at least you'll suffer with your girlfriend by your side!" the masked kunoichi smirked exiting the tent.

"SHE IS NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!" me and sakura sync, then pass out due to weakness.

"Hurry! I want all forces operating on them stact!" I hear lady tsunade's voice command. I was in one of those hospital beds, I'm not too sure what happened. The medics take me to my room where they tell me to relax, once again I pass out.

"Doc she's been out for 5 hours now-" I could hear tenten complain

"tenten san! Ino-san is waking up!" I could hear Hinata's fragil voice call out. I try to sit up but everything hurts.

"Oh no you don't! Lady tsunade said you need your rest!" Shizune rushes to me and tucks me back into the bed.

"Please tell me what happened" i whisper, ten ten approaches me and sits on the bed

"i don't know the whole story but in summary you and sakura were gone for 3 days so they sent out more paramedics and backup shinobi to take down the rogue ninja, they found you and sakura on the verge of death and they decided to take you here." tenten summerises, sipping an ice drink.

"Wait-" I had a wave of realisation hit me. "Sakura-" I whisper. Tenten and Hinata look at me with worried looks. I pounch out of bed and made a run for it. I could hear Shizune and other medical ninjas telling me to come back since I wasn't in the state to be running, but I ignored them. I needed to know if sakura was okay or not.

I enter the main area, where I see sakura in the same hospital gown as me. We give each other a quick glance then jolt forward. We beak the hug and sakura starts to talk,

"ino, i'm so sorry, i was so caught up in sasuke i forgot that the only real friend i need is you, you were there from the beginning, and i feel you and sasuke would make an amazing couple" sakura summarised, giving me a gentle smile,

"Sakura, please don't interrupt me this time," I whispered in her ear,

"I wasn't planning on it." She responds, and we end up holding eachothers hands, face-to-face.

"Sakura, you're an amazing friend and I never really thought we broke our friendship, but there is something that's been on my mind for quite some time" I paused and rethinked this, "it's now or never." I take a deep breath and recite every thing that's been in my head. "Haruno Sakura, I think you're an amazing kunichi and person in general, we may not always see eye-to-eye but I wanted to say, I never had a crush on Sasuke"

"wait- what? What are you saying ino-" sakura was confused as ever. "Then what about that person you were talking about from the house decor?" Sakura questioned.

"That person was you sakura, you're the girl i've been crushing on for far too long." I gave her a gentle smile. She gives me a look then mutters something under her breath,

"man- why was younger me so dumb- i could litterly have this gourguse lady as my girlfriend instead of that guy who barley pays attention to me" sakuras gase was looked on the floor. I just laugh, and she follows, we rest our foreheads one eachother closing our eyes and just laughing about how oblivious we were. Right then tenten barges in and yells,

"WHY AREN'T YOU TWO KISSING?!?!" Tenten pouts. Me and Sakura look at eachother then let out a laugh. Just then a sandy kunoichi barges in, she grabs my head and pushes it against sakura, and then we share the classic "sasuke-naruto kiss" Temari stands tall and proud then comments

"that was for making me kiss nara. But don't get me wrong, tenten was telling me all about sakuino, and i kinda ship it i guess, i also ship kankiba but hey, sakuino is good for today," and with that temari walks away, double the victory (revenge and ship sailing)

"I know I should be mad but she's legit a queen! Getting revenge and shipping!" I squeal

"I gotta agree with you" sakura laughs,

And with that, i told myself "the future is definitely full of surprises, but what if we fixed the broken glass with love instead of glue? Or im i just being cheesy out of my fathers philosophy? Maybe we'll get married or something,