Chapter 1. Meetings

"Hey! Your foreheads ugly!" kids in the distance yelled looking at a cherry-haired girl perched in a ball trying to avoid the other kids' attack. I usually don't interfere in fights at all but for some reason this one got on my nerves. She was just minding her own business and these brats just came along to bring her down.

"Hey idiots! I'll let you know her forehead is adorable!" I yelled speed walking with my hands clenched, going closer and closer to the kid that picked on the cherry blossom. I lift my fist so it would be mirroring the brats nose, and with that my hand decided to jot forward hitting him in the face.

"AGH!" he screeched, falling on his rear attempting not to cry.

"I told you Bozo, she has an adorable forehead that guys like you just can't appreciate." I scolded, The other two ran off without him while he was still sitting on the dirt. "Aren't you going to run away with your friends or do I have to kick your rear there?" I smirked with pride. He decided to make a logical safer option of running and screaming away with leaking eyes and a bloody nose. "HA! And don't come back." I shouted making sure they heard every single practical amusement I had in my voice. I turned to the cherry blossom haired girl to see she had gotten up.

"Hey, thanks for saving me right there, I've never had anyone stand up for me, or compliment my ugly forehead" she smiled gently, her voice still a bit weak from the presents of the guy from earlier.

"Oh, don't sweat it, they were peasants compared to our standards" I joked, giving her one of my more pretty/kind looking smiles. She let out a laugh and held her hand out

"My name's Sakura by the way, I'm from the Haruno clan," she replied, moving towards me to shake my hand, then looking at me from head to toe with those elegant emerald eyes.

"Ino Yamanaka," I responded, shaking her hand, "y'know what Sakura, I have a feeling you and I will be pretty good friends, if you wanna be that is'' I added with a bit of a nervous tone in my voice near the end.

"You really mean it?" she replied sounding stund as if I had told her something like were gonna do a stupid yet adorable strangers, to friends, to enemeis, to frenimes, to friends, to lovers, story or something like that.

"Of Course, I wouldn't ask you if I didn't mean it right?" I smirked, giving her a playful grin then pulling out a hair band. "This is for you as a symbol of our friendship" I smiled at her. At first she looked like she was gonna cry of relief but then she straightened her posture and held back the large clump of emotions invading her mind.

"Well then, I think we'll be pretty good friends too," she then gave me a gorgeous smile of a full grown flower that had blossomed. ;who knows, maybe we will be pretty good friends, all I can confirm is that we'll both definitely be pretty, that's for sure.

"Hey I wanna introduce you to some other kids" I exclaimed, pulling her by the arm to see the rest of the children. We walk around the park for some time then we bump into a swarm of girls,

"What's everyone running around for?" Sakura questions getting on her tiptoes trying to see what the commotion was all about.

"Sasuke Uchiha!!!" a fangirl in the crowd screeched,

"it's sasuke uchiha, his brother graduated the academy at age 7, mastered the sharingan at age 8, became a chunin at 10, awhile later he became a jounin, then finally became an anbu at age 12-13, his clan possess a kekkei genkai and fire nature Chakra, therefore the elders have high expectations for sasuke" I stated, making sure to hold sakura's arm so she wouldn't get swooped around in the raid of fan girls. I pretend to make goo-goo eyes at sasuke so the other girls would get irritated.

"Expectations aye? Well he looks scary-ish, I wouldn't want to get on his bad side." sakura holds my arm hiding behind me to avoid eye contact with the fangirls, I smile then let out a small laugh,

"don't worry, he tends to isolate himself from the rest of us" I reassured her, then pulled her away from the crowd to stand near an open area where we could get fresh air.

"Sakura! Sakura! Where are you! My childddd! Where have you gone princesssssss????" a starfish-haired man screeched running around the park in full panic mode.

"Sorry that's my dad, he's a little bit overprotective and a bit of a drama queen too" she murmured, turning her head away in embarrassment. I had quite a lot of sympathy for her since I've been in this situation more times than I can count.

"Hey, its alright I know the pain of having a overprotective 30ish man yell your name in public in the park being all dramatic and stuff, believe me, my old man could star in one of those dramatic reality shows'' I giggled putting my hand to her ear so no one else could hear us.

"Pfft, there's no way someone like that could be the father of someone like you, you're cool, strong, pretty, and social" she giggled putting a hand near her mouth so only I could hear her compliments. I blushed a little at the last part ;cool, strong, pretty. Before I could get a chance to follow up her comment. I heard a familiar voice in the distance.

"Ino! Ino! Where are you! My childddd! Where have you gone princesssssss????" my dad shrieked behind us.

"Well, I believe that's your dad calling you right?" she gives me a nervous chuckle and I follow in a disappointed tone "yea, that's him alright."

"Inooooo <3" he smiles and hugs me from behind unaware that he was in fact embarrassing me in front of a really cute girl I just met. "I finally found you sweetie! I was so worried! Next time tell me where you're going before you run off to the park or anywhere other than your room" my father chuckled, still refusing to let go of me.

"Daddddd let gooooo, im not 3 anymore, you know that soon enough i'll be enrolling in the academy then in 6 years tops i'll be a genin going on missions and all that." I pull away from his embrace and I'm face to face with my new cherry blossom friend. "I better get going, it was nice meeting you Ino, bye! See you at the academy!" and with that I had to deal with the fact that I couldn't spend a bit more time with my new cherry blossom friend. It was sad seeing her leave, but at least we'll hopefully cross paths in the academy.

"Soooo, who was your friend? :3" my dad smiled edgerly in suspense. "Sakura, haruno." I replied with a slight tint of red.