Capital Update Pt. 2

As the doors open, we all rush out happily, sitting on the large white sofa in our outfits, looking rather nice. "Welcome!" Tythus said over the audience, giving them an opportunity to shush them. "We have six lovely tributes from this lovely district!" He smiles "Let me list them for you, we have Sydney our first volunteer, Gabriel, our brave boy, Yamilet, Deliliah, the eager one, and her friend Beatrice... the poor soul nobody volunteered for. Tell me Beatrice, what is it like having your best friend be in the Hunger Games with you?"

I look at Tythus and imagine what his face would be like when I was done with it. Close to unrecognizable I assume. Blood would be completely drained, along with any other fluids but my answer was "Indescribable". The audiences gives that fake sound when you think they feel bad for you but if they really did, they would try to stop the games.. I clearly wasn't much of influence as I thought I was because he moved to Sydney.

"Sydney.. Why did you volunteer for the young girl?" He asks quietly. Sydneys face went from elegant and fierce to being upset and teary... Faking I assume. Sure she's doing it for the supporters who will help her during the games. I answer for her "Don't you think you should've waited?" I burp. "I mean afterall, you could've volunteered for the next girl and I wouldn't be here.." Sydney looks at me and I know I've stepped over the line.. I turn back to the doorway and Tythus dismisses us.. This isn't the show he was planning for.