Epilogue

Hope and Josie stepped into one of the empty rooms after hearing what Lizzie had announced to her.

The brunette was a bit hurt broken because she knew that her sister words had some truth to it. "So, you were going to leave me?" Josie got straight to the point.

Hope shook her head as she looked everywhere but her girlfriend's eyes, "n..no—yes, I don't know. Things are complicated and I've been trying to find a way to tell you without having to break up with you because I don't want that for us, I don't want us to not be able to have each other. I love you too much to let you go, jo." Hope ranted on truthfully.

Josie sighed as she ran her fingers though her hair, she then started to pace back and forth. "Hope, I don't want to lose you either.. I, I just don't know how this long distance thing is going to work out for us. Everyone knows how things go when people decide to do long distance." Josie assured before she stopped pacing.

Hope looked up from the floor and into Josie's eyes, "we aren't people, jo. We are the type to get married at like 18, we are the type to try and look for a house at 17 or to even try for a kid knowing we physically can't. Josie, we move fast and that could be a good and a bad thing. All I know is that we would do anything to stay together, to be together because that's how much we love each other. If you don't want this then I won't force it on you jo, but you best believe that I'm always going to try for us, long distance or not."

Josie nodded her head as she took hopes hands into her. "Thank you for this talk, Hope. I'm sad that I had to find out from my sister and that you didn't tell me but I'm happy that I know now and I just need some time to think. Think about what it means for us in the future and think about what it could possible do to us, considering the pros and cons to this all." Josie assured as she rubbed her thumb against hopes hands back and forth.

Hope smiled softly and nodded before reaching up to kiss Josie on the cheek, "I will wait for you, no matter what."

-

Later that day, Josie and Lizzie were off with their mom somewhere and Nicolas and Hope found theirselves sitting in their living room watching some tv.

Neither of them has spoken a word to each other about what happened recently but that was good on nicks end, because Hope was seconds away from choking him to death. She was still very upset that he told Lizzie when they both agreed to tell them together.

What was stopping her from killing him was that fact that Josie wasn't all that mad. No, see Josie was taking this better than Hope expected.

The house door opened and niklaus and Hayley walked into the place as they smiled at their kids. "Hey guys, what's going on?" Klaus asked as he placed some groceries on the counter.

—"nothing, uh, we're just watching some tv together, haven't done that in a while." Nick admits before turning over to his mom, "you seem pale mom, what's the matter?" He asked

Hayley shook her head and smiled, "nothings wrong. I just haven't seen you two bonding in so long and I just love it so much." She admits before walking over to both of them and kissing each one on their foreheads.

"Yeah, well, I put all of our differences aside." Hope assured.

Nick looked over at her and raised his eyebrow, "really?"

She nodded and agreed. "Really."

-

Josie stood in the rain as she knocked on hopes door. It was about 12 in the morning and she didn't know why she was there but she couldn't sleep without at least getting some things off of her mind.

Once the door opened, Hope was revealed and Josie was happy. She was happy that it wasn't hopes parents or brother because it would have been awkward.

Hope rubbed her eyes, "Josie? What.. it's raining out there. Get in here." Hope assured before stepping to the side to let her in.

"I have to ask you a question and depending on your answer is whether or not I should come in or not." Josie admits as the water dripped down from her face. Hope nodded her head as she waited for Josie to finish. "When I found out that you were leaving, I was sad. Not just because you were leaving but because you didn't tell me and I had to find out from someone else. You know me better than that to know that I should have heard it from you directly-"

"I know I just-"

"Let me finish." Josie stepped up as the rain still dropped on her face. "I want you to go and have the best life you can out there, and I want you to enjoy it. I don't want you to regret leaving this place because of me and I want you to experience things that everyone should experience."

"But I want to be with you, I don't want to do anything else but live a life with you, Josie." Hope assured as she brought the younger girls hand up to her mouth and placed a soft kiss there.

Josie searched hope's blue eyes as she cupped the girls face, "I knew you would say that, and that's why I'm coming with you, I've made a decision and that's final, so don't even try to change my mind." Josie assured before pulling the girl closer to her, "and I didn't do this all for you, I did this us, and for me. I want to be happy and there's schools down there that can for fulfill my needs."

Hope smiled before pulling her girlfriend in and placing a small kiss to her lips as she found the rain dripping in her hair.

Their first kiss was on a doorstep, and here they were again, in the rain on the doorstep. As they pulled away and rested their foreheads on each other, Josie shut her eyes and Hope smiled at her. "Marry me, Hope." Hopes eyes widened and she leaned back from Josie. "We can get married after college but be my fiancé." Hope didn't say anything which caused Josie to freak out and just as the girl was about to step back and ran away, Hope pulled her in by the waist and nodded her head.

The auburn haired girl reached up and placed another soft kiss to her girlfriend's lips, "yes?" Josie asked.

"Yes."