Chapter 8

Minjoo knocked against the door of Chorong's room.
     She was surprised when Chorong opened the door looking so anxious. "What's going on?" She gushed out.
     Chorong grabbed Minjoo's hand to lead her to Yosee's bed.
     Ilhoon is with them and he is trying to wake Yosee up.
     "What happened to her?" Minjoo demanded.
     "She keeps on calling for her Eomma." Ilhoon replied. "She won't wake up."
     Minjoo sat beside Ilhoon and patted Yosee's arm gently. "Yosee..." Minjoo said in a soothing voice.
     "Eomma... Eomma..." Yosee keeps on mumbling in her sleep.
     "Eomma, what's wrong with her?"  Ilhoon asked, getting a bit worried now.
     "We tried waking her up but she keeps on asking for her Eomma." Chorong said.  "Should we wake up her father?"
     "No. It's okay." Minjoo said with understanding. It looks like she is having a nightmare. The lightnings last night must have triggered her a lot. She looked down at Yosee and gave her a loving caress  hoping that it will  soothe her up. She started humming a song.

     "Eomma!" Yosee jerked up from bed when she felt Minjoo.
     "Are you okay?" Minjoo asked softly.
     Instead of replying, Yosee  hugged Minjoo tight and cried. Minjoo  hugged Yosee back lovingly.
     "It's okay." Minjoo had her in her arms like a baby. "It's okay." She patted Yosee's back to stop her from crying.
     Yosee held on to Minjoo, never letting go. She remembers how her Eomma would hug her like this. Suddenly, she felt someone else hugging her. 
     "I'm so glad you are awake." A voice whispered. "You got us worried."
     "Hoonie Oppa!" Yosee's heart beat faster. 

     Sungjae stepped back out from the room. He followed Minjoo just as Minjoo went inside Chorong and Yosee's room to inform his mother that he made a sudden change of plans.  He wanted to spend the day with her instead of going fishing with his hyungs.

     He witnessed everything that happened and it annoyed him to see Minjoo caring for Yosee like that. 
     He leaned against the other wall in the hallway just outside of the room, planting his ear so he could hear what is going on inside.
     "Yosee." He could hear his mother's voice. "Wanna go on a girl's day out?"
     Sungjae hoped that Yosee would say no.
     "Sure!" Yosee replied.
    Sungjae's head fell down in defeat . He went back to his room sadly.

     After breakfast, Minjoo and Yosee went to town to do some shopping.
     They went inside a botique to check the clothes inside.
     "Yosee! Which one do you like?" Minjoo  asked.  She held up two dresses in her hand for Yosee to choose.
     Yosee is a bit hesitant. She wears what is comfortable most. " I don't wear dresses that much."
     "C'mon! Just try." Minjoo prodded her. Minjoo helped her choose and they both decided on a pretty slow blue summer dress.
     Yosee took the dress and smiled. She tried it on and studied herself on the mirror. Minjoo peeked in after a while.  She could not help but get tear eyed.
     "Are you okay?" Yosee asked Minjoo, eyeing her from the mirror.  She became alarmed if she did something wrong.
     "I really want to have a daughter of my own." Minjoo replied honestly in between breaths.  She grew up being the only girl in the family. And now that she has her own, she is still surrounded by boys. And to make matters worst, they are all grown up now.
     "I can be your daughter." Yosee said without hesitation, hoping Minjoo would say yes. Since she met Minjoo, she have longed to call her Eomma.
     Minjoo gathered her in her arms. "I would love that!"

     After paying for the dressing, they proceeded to a beauty salon.
     "Which color do you like?" Minjoo asked, scanning the available nail polish. She took out a bright red for herself . She loves red. It makes her feel sexy.
     "I don't paint my nails." Yosee replied looking down at her fingernails. "But I do want to cut my hair." She remembered the girl that Ilhoon talked to at the airport.

Yosee's mobile phone buzzed. She checked it and discovered that Ilhoon sent him a message. She hurriedly read it.
Can I ask you out for dinner tonight? The message reads.
Sure! Im certain that Eomma and I will be back at the hotel before dinner. Yosee replied and smiled.
Eomma? You found your Eomma? Ilhoon messaged her yet again.
I wish. Yosee replied. I'm with your Eomma.
Okay, be careful on your way back. I will meet you at the hotel lobby around 6:30. I will treat you dinner.
Ilhoon messaged her again.

Minjoo finished her nails and sees Gikwang enter the salon.
"Giki?" Minjoo approached him. "What are you doing here? Are you alone?"
"Yeah! I was roaming around and got lost. I came here to ask for directions."
"I'm with your sister. She's having a hair cut. She's just about to finish. Oh!" Minjoo looked over to Gikwang's shoulder . "She's here!"
"She had a hair cut?" Gikwang turned around In surprise. His mouth fell open as soon as he saw his younger sister. Gikwang admits that her sister looks cute but with the change of hairstyle her sister transformed into a beautiful goddess.
Yosee accessorized her hair with a clip to keep her bangs from covering her face.
"Woonow Hyung would not like this."