Chapter 26: A Busy Morning pt 3

Third Person POV
(Author's Note: Yes, this chapter is three parts now. There's a lot to cover 😅 but this should be the last part.)
(Also, before the chapter begins, I want to let you know that once I'm done this book, I'm going to be starting my own Disney Next Generation story! I'm really excited for it. I'll be working on it while I plan the sequel for this book.)
(Anywho, enjoy the chapter!)
(Warning for: Recalling child neglect/abuse)

Patton was still practicing to talk to his family when Remy knocked on the door. "It's open." He called, taking a deep breath before flapping his arms again. He had assumed the knock would belong to Roman, but instead it was Remy who opened it.

"Oh, Remy!" He cheered, his nerves drowned out as he smiled brightly at his crush. "Did you see the gift I got you?" He asked, sitting on the couch and gesturing for Remy to sit beside him. Remy nodded, and smiled as he walked over to join Patton. "Indeed I did." He confirmed, studying Patton as he sat down. "Did you like it?" Patton asked hopefully. Remy's smile grew a little as he nodded again. "I did... I'm almost jealous, who knew you were such a good designer." He mused, causing Patton to giggle. "Makes me wonder if we really should merge our Kingdoms, can't risk having you steal my crown as the Fashion King." Remy continued with a smirk. "Oh, shucks. You're making me blush." Patton replied giddily.

Remy chuckled, smiling fondly at Patton. "Oh, honey... I could make you blush far more than that." He teased, causing Patton to giggle excitedly and fidget with his fingers. "Well you say that, but I haven't seen it yet." He teased playfully. "And what have I said about challenging us, sunshine?" Remy asked, leaning in to gently hold Patton's chin.

Patton buffered a little, flustered at first, but then pausing to look at Remy with a hesitant expression. "One sec..." Patton murmured before getting up. He glanced back at Remy and giggled a little before walking over to turn off the light. Remy watched with a raised eyebrow as Patton returned to the couch, and reached for Remy's glasses. He paused, however, wondering if he should ask before taking off the glasses. "Is it okay if I take your glasses off? I... It feels weird, not being able to see your eyes." Patton stammered nervously. Patton couldn't see it, but Remy blinked in surprise from behind his glasses. "Alright..." Remy permitted reluctantly, allowing Patton to take off his glasses.

Patton studied his eyes with an awestruck expression, and Remy looked back at him nervously. "Your eyes are really pretty..." Patton whispered, causing Remy to feel himself blush. He blinked and held a hand to his cheek, not used to the feeling of his cheeks burning. He was supposed to make others blush. Not the other way around.

"That was my inspiration for the dress... It's like your eyes, gold and silver... I've never seen anything like it." Patton continued, lost in Remy's eyes. He wasn't even meaning to be flirting, he just really liked Remy's eyes. That was odd for Remy, considering the fact that his eyes were the reason the Evil Queen had locked him in that room. She wanted his eyes to get used to the dark. To not see the light of day. She didn't fight Maleficent when she was ordered to release him, because by then his eyes needed to be hidden behind sunglasses to be protected from the light.

Now, here Patton was, staring into his eyes like they were the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen... Designing something beautiful inspired by his eyes... He had always thought he was trash. His mother made him feel like he was trash. Now, however, it seemed that the phrase was true. One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure.

"I love you."

The words just slipped out before Remy could even think them. It wasn't until after he said it that he realized what he said, but while he said them quietly, Patton had heard them clearly.