𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏|𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒇𝒐𝒚 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒓

‧⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・⁺‧

"what is it?" i asked as Regulus sat in front of me.
bags laid under his eyes, his hands rested on a pile of 6 leather bound journals.

"everything. everything we need to know to get rid of him. i have been working on this for a long time."

somewhere in my heart, i refused to believe what was happening.

how could this be?
how could Regulus want this?
is it a trap?
how did he find it?
tom surely protected this secret in the depth of his soul.

he watched me intently.

"you do not trust me,"
he hummed.

he nodded.

"i do not blame you. i have done horrible things.
unspeakable things. i stood by a man whom hurt you to extents that will scar my mind forever."
his words may have been quiet, but the vindication with which he spoke, told volumes of the passion in his heart.

"i trust you," i did.
somewhere deep inside of me would have trusted him with my life.

"book one. the locket,"
he slid it over to me.

"the locket?" i asked.

"i have come to believe that he has split his soul into pieces, they are called horcruxes."

"how?"

"he is an evil man. the act of creating a horcrux requires the creator to split their soul, the must commit acts of true evil. if we get rid of them all, we get rid of him."

"he wants to be immortal?"
what would the world fall to if that man was here forever?

"he will not stop his agenda. he craves control. he craves power. he craves destruction," he began to open the journal. the first page laid a drawing of an embellished locket. A large oval locket, an S decorated its front delicately.

"Salazar Slytherin's locket."

i nodded.

"how do we get rid of it?" i whispered.

"we will get to that once we find it."

my eyes moved to watch him.

his breaths were calm.
he was in control.
he was not scared.

a knock on the door of the library made our eyes shoot to the door, Regulus whispered a spell to the book, turning them into regular Hogwart's potion books.

his mother and father floated into the room. their slow approach sent shivers down my spin. a sinister smile laid on both of their faces.

"how are you both?" his father finally spoke down to us.

"fine father," Regulus' tone laid flat as he spoke for the both of us.