22

Twenty-Two
DELILAH

"Mason this was not the plan! Gunner is going to fucking kill us... well, that's if this fucker who is following us doesn't get there before him."

Mason and I have gone from eating McDonald's in a car park to standing in the middle of a club in our tracksuits looking like utter tramps compared to everyone else who is all dressed up. I'm surprised the bouncer even let us in to begin with, but he seemed to already know Mason so that was probably the reason why.

"Chill." Mason beams holding my head in his large, cold hands.

"Chill?! You want me to chill?!" I exclaim over the loud music and he frowns. "Mason, someone is following us and you've dragged me into a club!"

"You don't know if he was following us. It could be a coincidence. The guy might have just wanted to let loose, have a drink and then call it a day." I facepalm myself.

There are days when Mason has his head screwed on and other days when he doesn't. Today is the type of day where he doesn't.

"Someone sold me coke in the toilet while I was taking a piss." He holds up a small plastic baggie filled with white powder and all I do is stare. Do I cry? Or do I punch him? "But I don't do that shit. Not anymore at least. Here you go, buddy." He hands it to some random stranger who smiles in excitement running off to find his mates.

"Mason, please." I plead with him and his playful smile forms into a serious stare that sends liquid heat through my belly.

"Do you trust me?"

I scoff. "Don't be fucking stupid. Of course, I don't!" I can't tell if the flashing lights are distorting my vision or if I'm actually witnessing the genuine hurt that is on his face. "Look at where you've brought us." I throw my hands up in the air.

"As much as I'd like to party with you right now, I haven't brought us here for that." His thumbs brush against my cheek and he leans down to place a soft kiss on my lips. I trap my bottom lip between my teeth as his kisses begin to trail across my cheek and against my ear. "He's right by the bar, ordering a drink but he keeps looking over."

"Do you know who he is?" I whisper breathlessly looking at his freckled face and he gives me a sheepish smile. My eyebrows raise. "Is this another fucker who you've pissed off in your lifetime?" I huff and he shrugs.

"Another kiss." He leans down but before he can press his lips against mine, I pull my head back. "Come on, baby." He smirks, leaning in again so I pull back further.

"No. You need to get us out of here and get whoever you've pissed off this week away from us." I hiss at him. "I mean what did you do to piss this one off?"

"This one?" Mason takes a peek over my shoulder pursing his lips. "Well, he sucked my dick a few years back and he claimed he didn't like dick but he was proper into it so I beg to differ. Anyway, I told his girlfriend at the time, this girl's dad was a billionaire so that man wanted to marry into money. Except he can't anymore because she dumped him for not only cheating on her but cheating on her with a man. Shame because it wasn't even a decent blowjob."

I'm lost for words.

Well and truly lost for words.

"Is there anyone on this planet you haven't pissed off, or are we going to keep getting more surprises?" I place my hand on my hip, just wanting to be in my bed right now. And I know for sure Gunner will wake up from his slumber and automatically know something isn't right.

And just like he can hear my thoughts my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket. I pull out my phone and check the caller ID.

Gunner.