8

Eight
DELILAH

A yawn passes my lips as I finally check the time to see that it's three in the morning. The casino will be closing in an hour, which means I don't have long before I can finally go home. However, watching Gunner move around the office, typing on his laptop with a handsome frown on his face makes me want to stay and watch him forever. Great. Now I sound like a creep.

"I think I'm going to go for a walk," I announce to him and he looks up at me with his bright blue eyes.

"You'll be okay on your own?" He raises his eyebrows, shifting in his seat, his muscles flexing against the expensive-looking fabric of his white dress shirt.

"Yes, I'll be okay. I need to stretch my legs" I stand up from the chair and stretch my arms in the air, not noticing at first how high my already short dress has risen. Gunner's eyes drop and his face blushes a deep red as he pulls on the collar of his shirt. I look down to see that my lace red panties are almost fully on show.

I discreetly pull my dress down and pretend like I didn't just flash my boss.

Mason hasn't returned since he stormed out earlier on and for some crazy reason, I want to go and look for him.

"Alright, be careful, angel face." He tells me and I smile and nod.

"I will."

"Atta girl." He rasps and my breath quietly hitches from his words. I fiddle with my fingers and nod before rushing out of the office feeling hot and bothered. I have no idea how Gunner is a single man. I'm sure he has many women or even men becoming a flustered mess and a puddle on the floor when he's around them.

Once I'm composed, I lightly pat my warm cheeks and my feet lead me over to the casino. I don't know why, I just have the urge to go there and as I enter I spot the back of Mason tapping random buttons on a slot machine. My feet make their way over to him and once I'm standing next to the man that is so hard to read I speak.

The bright neon lights from all the machines create a satisfying glow that brings a smile to my face.

"From the look of it, you don't have much luck on these things," I say, tapping the machine which is flashing with a ray of colourful lights.

Mason's hands freeze on a button and he turns his head to look up at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm not really full of luck if you can't already tell." He says moodily but after knowing Mason for just about a week, I've already learned to adapt to his mood swings.

I pick up one of his coins and push it through the slot and press the button.

"Maybe I've got a bit of luck." I grin as we both watch the reels covered in a few symbols spin rapidly.

We watch in anticipation — well I watch in anticipation, Mason just glares straight ahead. My eyes widen when the first two reels show a cherry symbol and then I jump in excitement when a third one appears.

"Yay, we won!" I pat Mason's shoulder in excitement, but when he doesn't reciprocate my energy I stop. "You're not happy we won?"

"Five dollars." He mumbles and my face turns.

"Five dollars! I thought we'd at least win a million." I huff with my hands on my hips and for the first time tonight, Mason chuckles.

Mason chuckles!

"Sorry to break it to you, sweetheart, but that will never happen, no matter how lucky you are." He smirks and I roll my eyes giving him a playful shove.