10

Ten
DELILAH

"This is nice." I shrug with my arms crossed and a pout on my face because truth being told, no matter how attractive my bosses are, I'd rather be in the comfort of my own home than some penthouse that is probably worth hundreds of millions.

"Just nice, angel face?" Gunner smirks down at me with his eyebrows raised. "Look, I know you don't want to be here, but it's for your safety." I try my hardest not to roll my eyes, but I do anyway. "Hey, don't roll your eyes at me." My thighs clench at the tone in his voice, it just screams dominance and anyone could look at Gunner and know that he likes control.

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting all of this to happen." I find myself saying and looking up at him with wide eyes, waiting for the stern look to soften and it does.

"I know, angel face and I'm sorry." He rasps and my eyes only widen further when he reaches up to place his hand on my cheek, his thumb gently stroking my skin. After a couple of seconds, it's almost as though realisation enters his body and he snatches his hand away from my face, his cheeks blushing. "Sorry." He apologises again and turns on his heel toward the open kitchen.

That was very weird.

"So where will I be sleeping?" I question the men, still awkwardly standing in the open living room fiddling with my fingers in front of me. Before we came here Gunner and I went to grab some of my things from my house, I brought quite a lot, not knowing how long I'll be having to stay here.

"We've got a spare bedroom for you, it's all clean and has an en-suite," Mason speaks up from behind me and I turn my head to see him now out of his suit and fresh out of the shower, a towel hanging very low on his hip.

I'm mesmerised by his tanned skin and chiselled abs that has droplets of water running down the dips. My eyes zoom in on a long deep scar that runs from just below his pec, disappearing through the soft white towel. When I look back up at him, my breath hitches at the intense look in his eyes. I want to ask how he got the horrific-looking scar, but it's not any of my business so I keep quiet.

"Thank you for letting me stay here, I guess," I say to both of them, still standing awkwardly in the same spot.

"Why are you standing like that?" Mason looks at me like I'm the biggest weirdo.

"Like what?"

"Like a weirdo." I happily roll my eyes at Mason as he stares at me with a smug look on his face. "Well seeing as we're all going to be roomies, let's order some food because I'm starving as fuck! Pizza sound good, sweetheart?" He questions me.

Gunner makes his way back over to me and yet again I have to crane my neck to look up at his six-foot-six frame.

"Why you so quiet all of a sudden, angel face? You had a lot to say earlier on, hmm?" He grins down at me and I nibble on my bottom lip. "You don't have to be nervous around us, you know that." Swallowing hard, I give him a quick nod and he chuckles lightly.

"Thank you for letting me stay here, even if it is partially your fault," I whisper.

"Wow, it's almost as though you were incapable of reading the room and then decided to backchat a man that could have shot you in that pretty head of yours there and then," Mason speaks up and Gunner and I both turn our heads to look at him chugging a glass of water. "What?" He questions, putting the cup down on the marble table.

"Nothing," I mutter, picking up my duffle bag of clothes and following Gunner to my new bedroom for however long.

"I hope you like it, it's not much but it won't be for too long. Just so I can make sure it's safe for you to go home." Gunner looks at me over his shoulder before turning the door handle and pushing the door open.

My eyes widen at the sight of the room. It's the same size as my whole fucking apartment. Jesus.

"You don't like it?" Gunner questions with a light frown and I look at him in disbelief.

"Are you kidding, this is the best bedroom I have ever seen before in my fucking life!" I beam up at him and a huge smile morphs onto his face.

There's floor to ceiling windows which show the bright colourful lights of vegas and a huge bed up against the wall with white comfortable-looking covers. A vanity table sits in the corner and I can see a walk-in wardrobe too. This is a dream.

"Really? You like it? Come, look at this." He grabs my hand almost on instinct and pulls me into the en-suite bathroom. "We've got a bunch of toiletries here for you, I made Mason go out and buy you some hairbrushes and toiletries for your.....erm...for your—" he scratches the back of his neck a blush coating his cheek.

"My period?"

"Yeah." He laughs nervously, pointing to the shower and massive bathtub.

"Feel free to use any of the facilities, angel face, and the window, if you like privacy that is, can be dimmed so no one can see you." There's a huge smirk on his face and my face warms.

"Thank you, Gunner. I'm sorry for causing all this inconvenience, I know I should have kept my mouth shut because then we wouldn't be in this predicament." I look down at the ground but Gunner tucks his finger under my chin and lifts my head to look at him.

"Don't be sorry. If anything this is my fault for allowing them onto my grounds, to begin with. I had no idea they would show unannounced." He sighs and I smile gently.

"It's happened now, what can we do." I shrug.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something? We've got a movie room and it barely gets used but—"

"Oh my God, yes!" I jump in excitement and Gunner looks at me with his sparkling blue eyes. "Just let me get cleaned up."

"Of course." He smiles with a small nod and exits the room.

•••

As I walked into the movie room that Gunner lead me to, I had no idea that Mason would be joining us.

He's currently laid back on a sofa, his arms behind his head and eyes closed. He's also fucking topless, the only bit of clothing covering him up is a pair of grey joggers.

"Oi, put a fucking top on." Gunner scowls at his best friend and Mason opens one eye.

I'm awkwardly standing in front of him with three pizza boxes in my arms and a fresh set of silk pyjamas on which I'm beginning to think are a bit too inappropriate right now. Especially when Mason's eyes trail down my body and he bites his lips.

"Looking gorgeous, sweetheart." He winks and I roll my eyes and take a step back but end up bumping into Gunner who wraps an arm around my waist to steady me.

I think my heart is going to pound out of my chest in a minute.

"Steady, angel face. Let me take these from you and you take a seat next to Mason." He leans down to whisper in my ear and I release a shaky breath at how close he is to me. His front is pressed right against my back and I know exactly what is prodding me too.

What the hell is going on right now and am I about to have some type of orgy with my bosses because the atmosphere in this room has just gone from zero to a hundred?

I take a seat next to Mason and watch Gunner place the pizzas down before taking the spare space on my other side.

"So —" Mason speaks out, placing his arm behind me on the back of the sofa. "What do you wanna watch?"

A/N
Thank you for 50k reads ❤️

A/NThank you for 50k reads ❤️