Chapter 9

One week had passed and I currently found myself running around the mansion's halls, barefoot, the coldness of the tiles making me run faster

If I was caught or even seen briefly in this condition I might as well consider myself dead.

I bent my head, still running, to get a quick look at my face in the reflection on the tiles which were polished to perfection, acting nothing short of a mirror. Sweat could be seen on the sides of my forehead and my jawline while my hair were almost resembling those of a cavewoman.

The map of the mansion was now memorized to me and I knew when and where to turn and which rooms to enter and which to avoid. Hence, without any problem, I took a series of left and right turns before finding myself in front of my room.

Panting, I took a deep breath and looked around discreetly, opening the door, relieved to see no one. I plopped lazily on the bed and took out my phone, texting my friend.

'Plan successful' I sent her to which she replied with a thumbs-up emoji.

Clecentine couldn't know that I snuck out of this place. I was gonna get punished and not in a good way. She would tie me to the bed and overstimulate me till I cried for something like this. I only wanted to meet up with my friend for a while to talk; she did not know anything about the deal between me and Clecentine.

My breathing had returned to normal and at that moment I heard a polite knock to which I replied with a 'Come in.' The door opened to reveal a jaw-dropping sight.

Three women flooded in with an entire beauty parlour with them. They were carrying a rack of fashionable gowns, a huge case of makeup items and things I couldn't name.

I was informed of an event tonight by Clecentine, but this seemed way too extravagant.

''Miss we're here to assist you with your dress, hair and makeup.'' The eldest of them spoke in a professionally neutral tone, hands clasped behind her back.

I nodded not missing the look of disapproval I got from one woman when her eyes fell on my hair. I assumed they must have still been a mess despite me raking my hair through them a few times.

I was proven right when I looked at my face, standing in front of the full-length mirror. Strands of hair falling out of my ponytail, cheeks flushed, a part of my loose top spilling out of my shorts I had tucked them in.

Giving them a small smile I nodded for them to start with their job and moved to the rack of clothes first.

Several extravagant dresses hung on it, ready to be worn. I traced my eyes and fingers on all of them before picking an exquisite strapless lavender gown with a corset. It gave me the perfect vibes for an event such as this one.

The lady carefully caught the dress, removed it from the rack and handed it over to me. Taking it in my hands I went to the bathroom and stripped my clothes off, slipping the gown on.