sixteen

we were saved by an old friend

She was trying to reach my neck with her teeth, as I tried to push her away. Her grunting made the others awake in a flash, but Willow was more faster than the others, tackling the other girl to the ground. Cleo reached for her new club and Kane raised his knife while I tried to help Willow break free when the older girl overpowered her.

Of course, she's more stronger than me as she easily brushed me off like a stick. I was nowhere capable of stopping her, but as soon as I heard Willow whimpered for help, that's when everything came to a snap.

I grabbed Cleo's club, hit the other girl on the head which made her turn her face on me. Then I swing in response, blood splattered across the wall. She kept growling which made me angrier and even more pissed for no reason. I swing another, but this time it came fro above. She kissed the ground with her yelp, as I struck her more, and more, and more, and more, until I lost count.

When I came to, her face is now squished to a pulp like a giant presser crushed her skull and insides to a max. I was breathing heavily, with Willow on my side. Cleo approached me, telling me to calm down. But I'm calm, just tired from the instant output of my energy. Kane apologizes along with Cleo for not acting soon, though it flew over my head as I slowly went outside the bedroom. I sat on the couch with blood on my front, staining the perfect white couch that this house got.

Kane appeared with a small bucket filled with water and a cloth. He dumped the cloth on the water then rinsed it before wiping off the blood on my face. He's now sitting in front of me with his eyes focused on removing every stain he could see on my body.

"I could've just...taken a shower, you know?" I said, feeling embarassed.

"Yeah, but the power is out. Stay still." He said as he continued in cleaning.

"Where did you even get this water?" I added.

"I think they were about to use it on something, I just found it sitting there inside the bathroom."

"Probably for the floors of it."

He gave me a nod as he checks my skin like he's looking for something. Probably for bite marks or whatever, but I think I'm safe.

He slowly leaned towards me again, as he starts scrubbing my arms. Second time, I'm this close to Cleo's crush, her thoughts earlier echoed inside my head, as I now have the clear head to process it all. Kane likes me, and I'm dumb. I thought all that signs I saw earlier before hell break loose was just a normal way that a person looked up to somebody. No definition of some sorts, just plain old friendship tale that I think I burrowed myself.

Since I'm not moving, and he's still cleaning, my eyes completely took the liberty of analyzing Kane as if he's just another fuse box I have to repair. His hair radiates the golden sparkle of color rather than its natural blondness, it speaks volume when some bits of wind touched it. Compare that to my down-to-earth, unorganized, and pure black hair. I could never top that beauty in a million years. His skin felt polished whenever his arms would slightly touch mine as he wipes the blood off on top of it. I guess even appearances have to be kept even as an athlete because he's gorgeous.

Wait, what?

"She's the girl from that picture." Cleo said, pointing my attention to the family photo nearby. Now that I've seen it again, it does looked a lot like her. I mean, there she is. It's her. Although the trace of innocence finally left her reflection. Completely not reminiscent of her past self.