Chaos

New Years Eve:

The town's having a big New Years Eve party in the park. Same as every year. It's kinda like the Founder's Day thing. Food, drinks, and tvs showing a countdown to the new year.

It's around... 3-ish now and I've asked Ivy to come over and get ready with me.

I hear a knock on the door from the living room and find her on the other side.

"Hey. You ready to get ready?" she asks walking in.

"Yep." I answer. "Got your stuff?"

She lifts the duffle bag in her hand higher as an answer.

"Got my outfit on, hair and make up stuff in the bag." she tells me.

"Good. Follow me." I say and start heading to my bedroom.

We get in and she sets her bag on my bed.

"How we gonna do this?" she asks.

"You need to be back at your house by 6 meaning you need to be ready by 5:50." She's apparently close enough to my house that she can just walk. "We need to get me dressed then start hair before doing make up."

"Why hair before make up?" she questions.

"Let me paint you a picture. Your make up's done and now you start working on your hair. You move your arm across your face to reach the oppisite side of your head and end up smearing your make up on your sleave. And it should be done last so it has a better chance of lasting longer. However, if your in a rush, do make up first and wear a hat." I tell her.

"What about lipstick?"

"You bring that with you. So you can reapply."

"Alright."

And we get to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in the park now and start walking towards the food tables.

All you need to pay for is admission and that's only $10 a person.

I'm loading my plate when I feel someone rest their head on my shoulder. I can see out of the corner of my eye that it's Benny.

"Can I help you?" I ask him.

"Why'd it take you so long to get here?" he asks with a pout-y sounding voice.

"It's not that late."

"It's 6:23. You told me you'd be hear at 6."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to upset your time table." I apologize sarcastically.

"It forgives you." he says.

I don't  have anymore room on my plate now and start to walk away from the buffet.

Benny places his hand on the small of my back, guiding me to his table I assume.

We reach the table and Jen and Marissa are already sitting there talking.

"Hello." I say sitting down.

"Hi, honey. I thought you were gonna be here at 6." Jen tells me.

"You too? I already got the interrogation from you offspring." I complain before I start eating.

"I think Ivy's out looking for you. Guess she thought you'd be here at 6 too." Marissa says.

"She'll give up eventually." I tell her.

"How do you-"

"I couldn't- oh, hey Lily." Ivy cuts her mom off, walking to the table. "I thought you said you'd be here at 6."