The Final Days of Christmas - Part 1

*The picture is how I imagine Ivy Jones looking*

Benny's been 15 for 3 days and won't stop teasing me about it.

There's a short period of time where he's technically a year older than I am and he never fails to gloat.

Every. Single. Year.

Some bull about how he now has so much more wisdom than I do.

Today's Christmas Eve and I'm in my room, laying on my bed... staring into the abyss.

I've been debating weather or not to text "Ivy" since Benny's birthday.

It's a bit weird that she came up and just handed me her number.

I could be a psychopath and she would have no idea that I had just been let out of the asylum. Or I guess maybe right before being put in.... Point is, I got in a fight with someone, she witnessed and thought "cool chick". I mean, she's right, but still.

Anyway.

I think I'll just do it. I'll text her and kinda feel the vibe. It wouldn't hurt to have any female friends. I don't even consider Wendy a friend. After that day at the pool, we only texted for like a week but she either wasn't all that good at texting or just didn't want to talk to me. Either way, I haven't talked to or texted her since.

I get off my bed and grab the napkin with her number on it from my dresser.

I fall back down on my bed and grab my phone from next to me.

I do the whole thing and text her:

Me: This is Yn from the restruant.

I don't know what else I should say past that. 

I lay my phone on my stomach and feel a buzz coming from it not one minute later.

Ivy: Hey! I'm glad you texted me. Sorry if I was a little straight forward at the restraunt.

Me: No, you're good. I wouldn't have concidered texting you if it bothered me.

Ivy: Oh, thank god. You wouldn't mind playing 20 questions, right?

Me: Not at all. I'm kinda bored at the moment, anyway.

Ivy: Good. You start.

If you insist...

Me: Have you really tried to talk to me at school?

Ivy: Yeah. My looker's like diagonal from yours but everytime I've tried to talk to you, your either in a rush or already talking to someone else. Like that guy you were with at the restruant.

Fair enough. Glad she doesn't have a tendency to interupt people's conversations.

Me: That guy is one of three people you could've seen me talking to at school.

Ivy: My turn. Who's the guy?

Me: My friend, Benny. We've known each other for years.

Ivy: I don't think he sees it that way. When I have seen you talking to him, he's all heart eyes.

Me: Oh, I'm well aware.

Ivy: DO TELL

Me: I don't know you that well. Relax.

Ivy: Fine, fine. But if we become besties, I will push.

Let's just say... I like the vibe.

Me: That's a given. Your in my class, meaning your in my grade. How old are you?