The Final Days of Christmas - Part 2

Christmas Day:

"Hello!" I yell walking through Rodriguez's front door.

"Hi!" Benny shouts from their kitchen.

You only need to take like 7 steps to get from the front door to the island in their kitchen so yelling wasn't necessary for either of us but there's no point in regret.

"Here for breakfast?" Jen asks me.

"You making peppermint pancakes?" I ask back.

"Only for you." she says, placing them on a plate and handing it to me.

I take the plate and my eyes go wide with excitement. Gotta love the peppermint pancakes.

I place the plate on the seat at the table next to Benny.

I walk behind the island and start to look through the cabinets in the kitchen.

"Jen, where are the candy cane glasses?" I ask her.

"They're in the dishwasher." she tells me and I close the cabinet I was looking through before opening the dishwasher.

Luckily enough, the dishwasher had been run and just not unloaded.

I grab the glass and stop at the fridge before returning to the table.

"You really like eggnog more than hot chocolate?" Jen asks when she looks back to see me pouring eggnog (virgin, of course) into the glass.

"Don't question it." Benny tells her seriously. "Nothing good comes out of you questioning it."

When I'm finished in the kitchen, I head back to the table to start eating.

Jen comes to join us and sits down with her own plate.

"So, plan for today. Go." she tells us.

"Well, I walked over here in my pajamas, so changing into clothes that provide a little more warmth is first on the list." I answer.

"The only time you'll wear pajamas." Benny says.

"They're weird every other time of the year. It's only acceptable during the Christmas season." I defend myself while pouring chocolate sause on my pancakes.

"We're all still in our sleeping clothes. After breakfast, we all should get changed." Jen says.

"Nope. Doesn't work." I argue.

"Why not?" Jen asks me.

I look at her baffled.

Benny catches my expression and answers for me. "She needs to open her presents in pajamas. You need to be able to extend pajama wearing as long as possible on Christmas."

"Mhm." I agree and mentally thank Benny.

"Okay. Your presents are already here anyway so we can open presents after breakfast. Soak it in. Then get changed." Jen compromises.

I nod in agreement. "I can work with that."

"What about after we get dressed?" Benny asks.

"We have the party at the Palledorous house so we need to be ready for that by 6. It's 9 now." Jen says.

"Yeah, but filter in how much time it's gonna take us women to get ready." I point out.

"Right. 2 hours enough for you?" Jen asks.

"Make it 2 and a half." I respond. "You need to work in picking out the outfit and deciding what to do with the hair."

"Good idea." Jen agrees.