3

"ISABELLE, LET’S GO," Alec said as he entered Isabelle's room only to find her throw away a green wig and grab the platinum one with her.

"Hey, there, big bro." Isabelle flashed Alec a smile while the latter raise his brows at the choice of wig, "really?"

"What can I say? Demons dig blondes." Isabelle shrugged making Alec nod, "of course they do, but that’s white." He pointed out earning a scoff from her as they began to walk out of the room, "platinum. And they don’t exactly like Shakespeare, okay, Alec?"

"You’re plenty distracting on your own." Alec commented making her raise her brows, "so, be yourself. Is that what you’re trying to say?"

"Never mind," he sighed, "looking good, let’s go."

"We’re ready, Jace." She announced as they approached Jace who looked at her, nodding in approval, "nice choice, Izzy. Demons dig blondes."

Isabelle gave Alec a look, "told you."

"It’s platinum," Alec corrected Jace who nodded before narrowing his eyes at them, "wait where's Kade?"

"I don't know," Alec shrugged, "training?"

"I told him we were—" Jace was interrupted by the man in question as he approached them, "— I'm here."

"Took you long enough," Alec said and he was about to retort when his eyes landed on Isabelle. "Fucking hell, Iz—" he smirked at her face which suddenly went red, "—looking hot, as always."

"Thanks," she muttered, her voice surprisingly low which made Alec and Jace exchange looks. She was confident just a while ago. The two brushed it off knowing that Kade intimidated her quite a lot.

"All right, guys," Jace cleared his throat, "for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood."

"Why do they want blood?" Alec frowned, "isn’t that vampire territory?"

"I don’t know, Alec." Jace sighed, "Lazy vampires, maybe?"

"There must be something special about their blood." Isabelle suggested earning a puzzled look from Kade who asked, "what could be special about mundane blood?"

Izzy shrugged, "you get me a sample and I’ll tell you exactly what they’re looking for."

"Then I suppose I'll get you that sample." Kade said just as Jace opened the weaponry and take out seraph blades for each of them, throwing one by one at them which they caught perfectly. "We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for."

"So, you don’t think they’re acting on their own?" Izzy raised her brows at Jace who shook his head.

"No."

"Not surprised," Kade commented to which Alec hummed, "they’re not exactly creative thinkers, they’re shapeshifters."

Jace pulled up an image of an asian man on the screen, "this is what our target looks like."

"For now." Izzy stared at the guy as Alec spoke, "great. I’ll get approval for the mission."

"Come on, Alec." Jace groaned, "By the time you’ve sent that message, we’ll have killed six demons."

Alec shot them an unsure look— he absolutely hated doing anything without permission. Kade would not blame him for he was raised that way and Alec really wanted to maintain the image he held.

Isabelle hummed in agreement as she tried to persuade her brother, "besides, it’s more fun to break the rules than to follow them."

Alec looked at Kade as if asking him what he should do. The latter shrugged in response, grabbing his signature weapon which was a pair of twin blades as he twirled them effortlessly before tugging them in his waistband. "It's whenever you want."

**

It was dark. The four shadowhunters were keeping an eye on the Asian man. He looked around around and started walking, unknown by the fact that he was being followed by Alec who was walking behind him. When the man turned around, Alec jumped up into the air and landed on a roof.

The man sighed and began walking again. Izzy then activated a rune on her lower arm with her stele and continued to follow the Asian man.

Kade stared intently as the man bumped into another man and suddenly transformed into him. Jace, who was watching the man from an overhanging roof exchanged a look with Kade. The man then bumped into a woman in a purple dress and he transformed into her. Her eyes lit up just as Kade, Izzy, Jace and Alec jump from the roof and land behind the woman. Unknown by her stalkers, she began walking towards the Pandemonium.

"Here goes nothing," Kade muttered under his breath as they all got inside the familiar club. However, Jace was tagging behind but joined him when Alec called him.