Bonus Chapter 11.2: Diminishing Anger

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

I adjusted my body closer and, with our hands still connected, I leaned in. His mouth almost enveloped mine in a fiery kiss.

Keyword being almost.

Before our lips could make contact, Aaron's finger did. He raised his index finger to my lips, stopping me in my movements.

"Please." He strained out, his voice laced with exhaustion.

My eyes snapped open at this and I stared at him, hoping he would offer me a reasonable explanation- But one never came.

I recoiled away from him, nodding numbly.

"Sorry." I mumbled. Tears formed in my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. Aaron's eyes didn't meet mine as he spoke, his voice quiet.

"No. I'm the one who should be sorry. I didn't mean to start anything. I'm sorry." He said, his eyes looking everywhere but at me.

I turned to Aaron who eyed our connected hands with a mixture of disgust and despair.

I waited. I don't know what for, but I didn't feel like moving right now. Aaron clenched and unclenched his jaw, eyeing our hands. His palm pressed against mine with a little force before he hesitantly parted his hand from mine, moving it back slowly to his side.

Aaron's POV from the lake when they nearly kiss- Part 2

          _________________________

He could feel her eyes on him and, he didn't know why, but it unnerved him. It wasn't like he wasn't used to stares. He had learnt to make a habit of it throughout the course of school. If anything, he reveled in it. It provided as a distraction to what had become his mundane life. Yet, with Lexi looking at him, he didn't know quite what to feel but unnerved.

"Are you done?" Lexi's voice broke him out of his thoughts and he looked up to her incredulous expression, smiling innocently at her as he took a sip from his drink. She only rolled her eyes at this turning to her bag.

He spared a look to Lexi's tray where her first meal was still half-finished and he knew then why his appetite had surprised her. A small part of him, when he saw her frail form, wanted to push her to eat another meal, but he suppressed the urge. He didn't know her yet; wasn't aware of her nature and, so, didn't know what would offend her. So, he had left her be with what she had eaten.

Again, Lexi pulled him out of his deep thoughts when he saw her hand holding money out towards him. He knew it was for the wager they had; the one had set, but he still didn't hesitate to throw it back towards her. He had been only been joking when he had said it, of course.

"Hey!" Lexi called out at his actions, jutting her wallet out towards him.

"Loser has to pay for meal, remember?" She reminded him of the wager and he smirked at her obvious annoyance. It was slightly odd for a woman to want to pay for him; he had never interacted with anyone who had done such a thing. Still, he couldn't find that it displeased him. Instead of voicing this, however, he merely shook his head.

"Hey, I'm a gentlemen and a gentlemen always pays when on a date." He said, liking the way she let out a scoff, a distasteful look in her eyes. He should have felt hurt at her obvious hate at the idea of a date, but instead it made him happier; it was refreshing.