Epilogue.

The tv plays softly in the background, something like the news is running. Daniel is in the kitchen, making something that Max had showed him many years ago as Zuurkool. Something that Max and his kids really enjoy.

"Dad! Wasn't Jos Verstappen not papa's father?" Daniel freezes in his spot, he hears his oldest son shout for him.

He had feared this day for twenty years now. It had never occurred to him that it would be over the news when it gets released but lucky for them, does Jos have a restriction from leaving the Netherlands. He is not allowed to visit them in Monaco or Australia or Belgium. The three countries they spent the most of their time.

"Yes! Why? Is he getting released?" Daniel shouts for his son.

Max and Him had gotten about five kids. In 2022 did Daniel lose his seat and decided he and Max in 2023 to get kids. The first kid, their oldest has Daniel's genes, being the oldest he is now around sixteen years old. Very good in racing as Max and Him taught their son everything they know.

Even after twenty years of racing, did Max only stop racing when he turned forty three last year. Him only that season getting beaten by his younger teammate. Before that he had beaten them all with big margins. He won many races and many championships. He was quite feared as teammate and driver in the paddock because no one had beaten him once in a championship after Daniel. Until last season when he was done with racing and his back was hurting every race, did he consider stopping.

Only for their oldest son to get in F3 with him leading the championship in his rookie season already. The amazing racer that he is, had Max and Daniel take him karting all the time.

Their second child was a girl, the genes of Max and his ability to shift. Her cat was small but cute, a bengal. She wasn't really into racing but more into fashion and became the first model for Charles his fashion company and fashion line for kids when he stopped racing after a crash with his rookie teammate and breaking his knee badly.

She was now almost fourteen, a couple of days but her career in modelling had sky rocketed when she was allowed to model the clothing line of Charles his teenagers line, where she got scouted for Chanel and Calvin Klein.

Their third child was a son, who is eleven at this point, the same as his older sister. But he turns into a beautiful black cat with green eyes. Which had Daniel immediate nickname him Toothless from how to train your dragon. Their son didn't complain as he was a racing addict too.

He was more into the Motogp. He would drive motor bicycles for hours on end and was trying to get into that sport. He was very talented at it. Which had Lando come pick him up for almost every Motogp race that exists, the two would geek out and not miss a single one.

The last two are siblings. A five years old girl and a three years old boy, that they had found on the streets in Japan last year. The two had lost their family to a flood a couple of days before, Max was quick to adopt them and Daniel didn't mind. He couldn't leave the two kids behind.

So they have three kids in the double digits and two under the age of five. Not that they mind, their oldest is happy to have such small siblings and likes to play with the legos with them.

"According to the news, yes." His oldest son tells him before Max walks into the living room with their two youngest kids.

"Oh is my dad getting released?" Max asks, not sounding bothered anymore.

Unlike twenty years prior, all that it does to Max now is his father visiting him in his dreams. It would have him shoot awake but remember that it's history and that his father even if he were to get released, not be allowed to leave the Netherlands.

"It doesn't bother you, Papa?" Max's oldest son asks, he has heard all the stories.

"No. He can't leave the Netherlands nor is he allowed to be within fifty feet of me." Max says calmly.

Their oldest son it the only to have heard the stories, him being sixteen that is, the others will be told this when they are also sixteen. They don't need to get traumas for nothing nor do they need to know what kind of man Max's father is.

"Let's eat, shall we?" Daniel asks before Max nods and helps his two kids into their chairs.

Their other three oldest kids sit in their spots with Daniel at the head. The Dutch meal at the table which has all the kids lick their lips with happiness and hunger. Max is glad for his family.

If he had been asked twenty years ago that he would have a loving family like this, he wouldn't have believed it. He would have thought that would only happen in his dreams but here he is, he had everyone he loves close by. Even his mother and sister, despite who live in Belgium or his family in law who live in Australia, it doesn't feel like they're far.

He's loved and that is all he has every wanted in his life. He's happy and his life may have been rocky and traumatic in the beginning but he is loved by many people that he loves back and who feel like family to him. He has it all, friends, family and love.

"Am I allowed to go on a date with Jules this Friday?" Their daughter suddenly breaks the silence.

"Yeah, just be careful and say hi to Pierre and Charles for us." Max nods his head.

Yeah, it will be a big loving family.

He has it all now.

Love.

He has it.

The end.

(A/n) i hope you guys enjoyed this story. It's finally finished, i love the book myself. It almost makes me tear up that it's finished. But also proud of myself that I finally got around to finish it!