chapter one.

Kimi walks down the pit lane with Antonio next to him. Talking about their plans for winter break before the 2021 season begins. The pit lane was lit up with many lights as it was already dark. The night had fallen and they had a good race. It was still very warm for the night. Walking in t-shirts.

Antonio was telling Kimi he was going back home to his family and have some nice Christmas and new year. He's going skiing somewhere in January in the alps in Italy. Going away with his family for a while and have fun in the snow for a while.

Kimi shrugged and told the younger driver that he was going home to his family. Well more like going home with Seb to their kids, having some fun while they get to adopt their third child. As much as Kimi is stoic and silent, he loves kids and kind of adopted unofficially almost every young driver on the grid.

Kimi and Seb are the grid dads and love the other drivers very much. They always make sure the kids are good and well. They look after the younger drivers when they're sick or need cheering up. The only grid kid that rarely shows up is Max. Always disappearing or says he's got meetings to attend. Rarely in the drivers lounge.

Most drivers shrug at the odd dutchman, who had always been like that since some had met him on the karting tracks. Lando had always said that when he saw Max once or twice around the karting track, he was always with his father and rarely with other people. Not that max didn't have friends or had fun with kids his age. He was just really focused on racing.

Kimi chuckles as he sees Lando and Carlos shouting at each other while running through the pit lane. It's cute how the two were so in love and didn't figure it out. Everyone knows that they are madly in love with each other but them. Kimi sometimes tried to tell the two idiots but they didn't listen.

Something orange with fur shoots in front of the feet of the two alfa Romeo drivers. Antonio curses as he nearly stood on the orange fur ball, looking at it as it jumps onto the concrete half wall and sits, almost grinning like a human at the two drivers.

Kimi blinks, never to have expected to see a cat on track, most definitely not a almost kitten sized cat that is grinning at them. If he looks closely, the cat has white paws which look like little socks. A long puffy and orange tail that sweeps through the air. A little mane like that of a lion.

Kimi had never seen a cat on track before, he knows that Lewis always takes his dog with him. But a cat was new, who could this cat belong to. Waggling its tail, the cat meows before it jumps down through an opening running over the track. Frowning as this was something new.

"That was just weird." Antonio says.

"Yeah." Kimi shrugs.

Thinking it was just a cat that lived around here somewhere. But it's Abu Dhabi, what kind of animal lives here. The two shrug it off and go on with their day. Even though they find it strange that a orange fur ball appeared. It had been weird to see that a cat was running on track and grinned at them.

Kimi watched how the cat jumped up on the bleachers and ran over the seats. Waggling it's tail while a soft meow follows the small cat. Sitting on a chair for a second, it looks around. Jumping up at something and eating it while waggling it's tail.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lando was walking down the pit lane looking for his Ferrari friend. He hasn't seen Carlos for a few weeks and really wants to have some fun with his friend. He had been in United Kingdom for the last few weeks while his friend was in Italy. They did video call every day but it wasn't the same as seeing each other on track.

Skipping passed the Mercedes garage, looking at the red bull in case he sees his friend. Lando has been really good friends with Max since their karting days, always playing some type of game. Laughing at jokes and funny memes.