Bad Romance

The group had been at the Lodge for over an hour after hanging around the fire pit and chatting the night away with stories, confessions, and even Maru's bad jokes and puns. They've all had a good time, being at the lodge was a lot more peaceful and fun, and surely will come back in the future. And luckily, no fire calls either have been made, it was going to start getting cold in the next few months, so less fires will start to be frequent over time.
The group was just about to prepare to leave, finishing up their drinks, Robyn let's out a yawn and stretched her wheels, Maru then yawned not long after she did, shaking his away.

"Stop it! Those are contagious." The forklift laughed.

"That should be our sign to head back to base then, before it gets too late out." Blade said, reversing from the fire pit, everyone else following.

"I'm whooped, but this was fun!" Dipper smiled gleefully. "We should do this again!"

"We'll have to see about what the lodge's winter events will bring, we have a few months till then." Blade said as they all made their way through the main lobby. "Not till the snow starts."

"Ugh, don't rush that here yet..." Maru scoffed, shaking his head. "Let Fall have its turn."
Once reaching outside, the three head out to the open to prepare to take off, Blade starting his engine, getting it warmed up before lifting off, turning on his lights as he stopped to hover, waiting for the others. Robyn lifted off not long after catching up with him, they both started off above the trees, Dipper not too far behind.

"It is pretty nice to fly at night too when given the chance! It's cool and quiet." Dipper radioed through to Robyn, who looked in her direction to her right side a way. "We don't normally because it's dangerous, it was made a rule to not fly after sunset."

"Really? I can't recall if Blade has said this to me before, if he has I can't remember." Robyn radio replied back. "Why was this made into a rule?"

"Well uh, cause another trainee we had waayyy before you, ended up crashing into one of those rock formations at the training course in Augerin Canyon." Dipper explained. "Wanting to do a little bit of extra training, at night, Blade didn't find out till the next morning!"

"Well that was just stupid on the trainee's part. Even with our lights you still can't see jack diddly out here. But sad they had to learn their lesson that way.." Robyn frowned. "Was that the only occasion to cause that to be put into play?"

"Ohh no there's more!" The super scooper said quickly. "There was this one guy that wanted to take a normal flight, ya know? Take a breather, kinda like a night like this actually. And was advised by Blade too stay away from Augerin Canyon, but still didn't stop the poor guy from flying too low into a tree." The conversation was cut short once they all made it back to the safety of the base, Blade and Robyn both landing separate ways from each other, Maru hopped out from her side and headed to his garage, she slid her door closed as she goes to catch up with Dipper once she landed.

"So how did you guys find out about that trainee?" She asked.

"Oh! Um, Blade went out to find him that early morning since he never came back that night, and to look out for spot fires, we got a call for one and flew to go put it out. The smokejumpers were the ones who found the guy, he must have blown up from the impact with the tree." She frowned. "And he was so close to being certified too!"

''Geez, I feel bad for him more than the other guy, the first one is practically common sense." Robyn shook her head.

"Yeah so, that's why we have the rule in place! But we've only gone against it once, and that time was a must! The entire park was in flames." She said while her and Robyn headed toward the hangers.