In the Mist

Blade and Robyn surrounded the area of the large fire's location, while waiting at the location Blade decided to drop some retardant to help slow the spread of the blaze, Robyn stayed on standby and looked out for the others, she could also take notice it was slightly getting dark and dreary, she then minutes later spotted Dipper, Windlifter and Cabbie coming their way.

"Here come the others." Robyn radioed to Blade, he just finished dropping his line of retardant and pulled up to look in the direction.

"Good, let's get this fire out quick, night is dropping in on us and we don't want to be out here in pitch darkness." Blade radioed back, switching on his lights and so did Robyn as the others joined and started to circle, he switched his frequency. "Alright, Dipper, I need you to split low on the other side of the fire."

"On the way!" She responded and lowered down to make the drop on the opposite side, going along the line of the flames, once her load was done, she retreated back up.

"Cabbie, time to get the jumpers out." Blade radioed as he hovered back over to Robyn who was still on standby.

"You got it chief." The C-119 replied and flew high above the trees in search of a clear spot for the Smokejumpers to land, once the spot was sighted, he switched on the green light inside his cargo to notify the jumpers inside. "Alright, we got a clearing just 4 miles from the fire." He radioed them as he lowered the hatch, Dynamite carefully drove forward to peer over the edge and down below.
"Lookin' good!" She observed. "Let's get to it." She drove off the ramp along with the others behind her and began to descend. Activating their parachutes, once down close enough to the ground and dropping to the dirt floor. "We're all down." She radioed back up to Cabbie who flew overhead.
"Great, stay sharp down there, and safe." He said turning back around to return to base.

As the Smokejumpers headed to clear paths of debris and down fall, right above the team continued to put out the fire and prevent it from getting bigger. Then Robyn spotted something off in the distance.
"Blade!? We got another problem!" She exclaimed in the radio and Blade was quick to her side as she faced the direction and looked. There was another fire off in the distance but luckily was much smaller, but dense mist was beginning to settle across the forest.

"Great... first the fog and now one more fire to deal with..." He groaned, as he tried to think of a quick plan. "Alright, the team will need to be split up for this, you and Dipper head there to put out that fire, me and Windlifter will stay here, I'll see if the jumpers will be needed afterwards." He explained. "Now get over there before it starts to spread and be careful."

Robyn nodded and flew over with Dipper right beside. "Let's do this Robyn!" Dipper cheered as they approached the second fire. "Do you have any retardant?" Dipper asked.

"No, I don't think I do, just water from all the training." She responded.

"Alright then I got a plan! I have some left, I'll half it on each side, then you come in and douse it out!" Dipper said. "Got it?"
"Got it! But's it's starting to become really hard to see now through all this mist." Robyn said, having all her lights on but still couldn't see even 5 inches in front of her.

"Yeah, no kidding! It's really thick." Dipper responded. "This is more dangerous then flying at night, even more now with dealing with fires, let's just watch out for each other's lights! So, we don't crash into each other."

"That's the least of what we need to happen, so time to get this out." Robyn stayed back to let Dipper do the retardant, glancing time to time at the others fighting the other fire.

"Your turn!" Dipper called as Robyn moved in to douse out the flames, hoping she doesn't mess this up, or get herself burned again like last time, with limited vision she stayed focused, flying over the flames and releasing the water, partly putting it out.

"We got it almost out, let's go refill at the lake!" Dipper radioed and Robyn quickly followed from behind. Once approached she brought out the hose to refill, Dipper went ahead and skimmed across the surface of the water to refill hers then pulled up heading back to the rest of the fire, Robyn doing the same and sticking close by.
"This last drop should do the trick; you go on in first." Dipper said.
Robyn went in while Dipper circled around, Robyn got a bit closer to the remaining flame and sprays the water over the area.
"One more douse and it should be good!" Dipper radios to her as Robyn pulls off to let Dipper finish the job and with that last drop the fire was complete out, only smoke and scorched forestry below. "Alright let's join back up with the chief." The two flew back to Blade and Windlifter who have seemed to get the bigger fire under control.

"Blade, me and Dipper were able to completely put out the other fire." Robyn informed as she followed alongside him as he was looking over the area.

"Good, I'll send some of the smokejumpers over in a moment to check it over afterwards." Blade responded as he glanced around below. "We've got most of this fire contained, think it's safe to all head back, the jumpers will care for the rest."

The team returned back to base, the mist was still thick and now was completely dark, safely returning and everyone landed. "I think that's the first time this has ever happened, dealing with two two fires at once." Blade comments, slowing down his engine as his props came to a stop then turned to Robyn as she approached.
"And you coming out unscathed this time." He smiled. "You did well, especially in the dangerous circumstance we were all in with the fog."

"Thanks chief." Robyn smiled a little. "But that fire was pretty small though." She says as Dipper joined up with them coming beside her.

"Either way, every fire is a risk, no matter the size." Blade stated. "And you and Dipper took care of it no issue."

"We were the perfect trio!" Dipper added in giving Robyn a playful nudge with her wing. "Oh! Know what we should do tonight? We should go check out the lodge! Last time me, Maru, Windlifter and dustmuffin went was when that nasty Cad Spinner was still there..." She said in slight disgust of the mention of the previous intendant.

"Who is this, Cad?" Robyn questioned but wasn't even going to ask who this dustmuffin person was either.

"It's a long story." Blade popped in as he was about to turn and leave for his hanger.

"Hey, you should come with this time!" Dipper chimed in looking toward Blade, who stopped and turned back around to them.

"I, don't know, I could be needed here in case something comes up." He said sounding unsure.

"Oh, come on Blade, you gotta get out and do something on your free time instead of staying on base all day?" Dipper continued on but Blade stayed silent.

"The smokejumpers are dealing with the rest of the aftermath of the fire anyway?" Robyn jumped in. "What do you have to lose?" She said having a smile.

Blade hesitated but after a short moment he made a defeated sigh. "Fine... but I don't want to stay long, at least wait till the fog has let up."