Chapter:- 34

Avni Khanna

"Give me my phone back, Neil." I scolded him while putting some mascara on my lashes.

"No."

"Fine. I am gonna be like this throughout." I replied monotonously in a no nonsense tone.

Yes you all, I am not talking to him since the time I woke up. He was in deep slumber when opened my eyes. I silently slipped out of bed and walked inside the washroom. And the time I came back after brushing my teeths; he was already up and wished me morning but my ignoring session is going on since then.

"Avni, you're being cruel now." He says in his throaty calmed voice. He sounded accusing to me.

'Yes. He is right.' Ms. Heart supports him.

'He isn't. Avni, go on. You're getting where you want.' Mr. Brain shushed my heart who is trying me to turn soft for my husband.

My eyes instantly snaps towards Neil meanwhile I was thinking, "I am being cruel? You kidding me! My husband is suffering mentally and having panick attacks from almost eight years and you think my concern is cruelty?" I irritably questions as I am really disappointed for now.

Neil walk towards me in the closet side where I was brushing my hairs as I see his eyes softening with every step from the mirror, "I am sorry, Avni. I didn't meant that way. I know you care for me and infact, you're angry with me, but atleast talk to me. Don't ignore me. Please!" He says in as soft tone as he can.

By the time I was done with my look; I ushers towards where my footwears are placed. I felt his footsteps behind.

'Enough, Avni. It's time. Ask him now.' Mr. Brain gives me green signal.

I huff softly, "Okay! I can forgive you but I have conditions." I declare while putting the Puma shoes on.

And without any delay I heard my husband's response, "Sure. Anything for you."

I turn towards as we were standing at a hand distance, "So promise me."

His brow twitches a little in wonderment, "What promise?" He asks in a promising way that I will get anything I want.

"Promise me not to hide yourself when you are in pain, it's unfair that we laughed together but cried alone." I says while grabbing his right palm in my mine. My eyes urge him to not deny my wish.

A emotion flickers through his eyes before he took a big sigh, "I promise." I smile to fullest as I heard his promising tone. He himself smiles and is about to engulf me but I haulted his action.

"Why? I want to hold you." Can you believe it, the CEO of Khanna Empire; the emotionless Neil Khanna whines. Yeah! He literally whined like a child.

And me like a strict mom, stood to my ground even after his foot stomping. I bit my cheeks to stop myself from laughing at his action.

'This is something new.' He is opening himself to me; maybe because he finally found me worth companion; for which I waited this long.

I waited for him to be him with me without any hesitation.

It feels like I won. Finally. And this is so overwhelming honestly.

I feels my throat a bit heavy because of being emotional but I cleared my throat, "I am not done yet." I hinted him for the upcoming demands of mine.

"Ohh! And what is it?" He says with arching his left brow listening the stubbornness in my voice. But this time he didn't stopped; instead he pulled me to him. He must've heard the hoarseness in my voice.