Iris- The Goo Goo Dolls

2005, November 12, 15:27

You were on your way back home, listening to music. You decided to listen to TLC's album CrazySexyCool.

This past week, you've been thinking about a lot. You've started to feel a bit better about Keisuke's death, but you knew deep down that you would never fully recover from it. You also were thinking about meeting a certain someone, but dreaded the thought of it so you've kept pushing the back of your mind.

Reaching your apartment, Surprise surprise, you saw Mitsuya standing at the door holding something in his hands, it seems that he didn't get there too long before you did.

"What are you doing here?" You stared curiously about what he had in his hands. "Oh, hey (Your Name)! I didn't expect you to get here so quickly." Mitsuya spoke softly and with a smile on his face. "Well..." He paused. "I made this for you, because it's getting cold. I hope you enjoy it." He then handed you the gift he was previously holding. It was in a (Favorite Color) gift box with a white ribbon adorning it. You opened it to see a (Favorite Color) Scarf. You stared at it a little before looking up at him. "Thank you for this gift. I appreciate it, Mitsuya." You said with a bit of happiness lacing your voice. He only chuckled before responding with a thanks before bidding you goodbye.

"Wait."

Mitsuya turned around to look at you once more. You contemplated your words for a few moments before finally deciding to speak out. "I was thinking about seeing Kazutora in prison." He went wide-eyed from your statement. "I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, since i've been pushing it back for awhile now but I just want to for some reason, what do you think?" You asked blankly. He could only idly stare at you before giving his response. "I shouldn't get myself involved with whatever quarrels you have with Kazutora, But I think if you really want to then you should do it." You took a moment to let his words sink in. "Okay, I will then, thank you." You then gave him a small smile "I guess i'll go visit him soon then. Thank you again for the gift." You then unlocked the door to your apartment before walking in, leaving Mitsuya to stand outside.

It's been an hour. You decided to take a shower and get changed before going over there. You decided to wear whatever you grabbed first from your closet and it, surprisingly, worked well together. You decided to walk since it was decently close.

You stood outside the prison, turning your music up to hopefully tune out your blaring thoughts. You couldn't help but think to yourself that you shouldn't have come today, that what would happen wouldn't be good. You set your feelings aside, after all it would be a waste to go all the way there for nothing. You took a deep breathe before finally taking a step inside.

It took only a few minutes to inform the guards of who you were visiting. You were currently sitting down in the chair waiting for Kazutora to show up. Even when you heard a door open up in front of you and heard shuffling, you never took your head up from your lap. Even though you were there, it was still hard to acknowledge him. In an attempt to hide the fear you were feeling, you looked up emotionlessly at him. You could visibly see his eyes widen before you spoke.

"Hello again, Kazutora."

Authors Note- It feels wrong having Iris as the song selection rather than something from TLC, but I feel like it just fits better

Thank you so much for reading, we'll finally be reaching the main plot soon.