17 - A Loop Hole Given By Time

2 years ago

2 years ago

"Ric, it's two in the morning. What could you possibly need right now?" Emma walked into the empty cafeteria. It was much more peaceful in the middle of the night. Alaric was standing all the way near the back where the glass was shattered. "You called me down to magically fix a window?" She arched an eyebrow.

"Not exactly," he stepped through the glass, and outside. On the other side was a tall, very pretty tree with nice orange-red leaves. It looked like this tree specifically was in the fall whilst the rest were in spring.

Emma followed him through the window, "It's beautiful...," she was astonished. "I didn't even notice it come along," Emma set her hand on the trunk of the tree next to Alaric's. They slid their hands down the smooth bark.

"That's because it wasn't here before," Alaric stated. "I need it cut down, Emma. Immediately," he broke the quite amusement they had of the tree. He began walking back to the window.

"Ric, can this wait until tomorrow? It is two a.m. for god's sake," she paused for one last amusement, "Besides, why would we cut down such a beautiful tree?"

"No, Emma. This can't wait. As beautiful as it is, none of the students can know about it," he took a moment to look the tree up and down, "Especially not Hope."

Present

Josie stood still, with her arms crossed, waiting for Hope's response. "I can wait here all day, Hope. If you don't want to explain yourself, then you can leave," she said firmly.

"Apparently in this 'change' of life, I've done something so messed up, but yet, you're the one that helped Cleo kill me," Hope broadly pointed out, not thinking about how long ago that actually was for Josie.

"What are you on about? That was a year ago, and it was the only way to kill Malivore. You knew that!" Josie blurted out.

"We could have found another way!" Hope shouted back.

"Whatever other way there was involved your humanity shutting off! How do you not remember that? Or have you finally wished to become like her?" Josie's words made Hope silent. Hope wasn't gonna win any screaming match if she had no clue what it was actually even about.

"Josie—."

"Just go. If you're really sorry, then you won't show your face here again," the brunette demanded. Hope was gone after Josie opened her eyes.

Before Hope left campus, she went to the kitchen for blood. All of these problems could only distract her for so long. She grabbed a blood bag from the fridge and drank, but her hunger was barely filled due to the gagging on animal blood. This is really what the vampires always had to drink...? Hope thought to herself. She left campus right after.