Prologue

Kiyotaka's perspective

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Bonk

I was suddenly awoken from my wooden bed by a book that I left at the top of the framework last night. Reaching to grab the now fallen book. I thought at least there wasn't any dust in the room unlike when I first moved in here, that would've been problematic.

I check my phone to see the date and time:

July 15

2022

5:59 am

One minute before my alarm, huh? What should I do with this extra time? Might as well meditate like always but for 11 minutes instead of 10.

I cancel my alarm, then walk over to this rug in the corner of the room to sit down and cross my legs gently.

Inhale......exhale.....

It's been four years since I've graduated from ANHS, and ten months since I've destroyed the white room along with that man with the help of chairman Sakayanagi. There was also someone else that helped me, a man that attended ANHS three years before I did. At the time, I thought Manabu would've known about him but after getting in contact with Manabu, he didn't know as much about the student as I was expecting.

From Manabu's words, 'he conducts himself in an orderly manner, helps everyone no matter their class, and was holding back while treating ANHS as an after school club.'

It was interesting. He dropped out a week before graduation and left his class A spot. Mysteriously enough, everyone in that class dropped out along with him.

I continued meditating until it was time to do the rest of my rigorous morning routine:

10km sprint

15 minutes of flexibility training

4 sets of 12 90kg weighted push ups

4 sets of 60 second planche hold

5 sets of 12 110kg weighted pull ups

After showering, eating breakfast, and getting myself together, I head for the door. The Chairman insisted on giving me money to start my new life to which I gratefully accepted. He's been really good to me, taking the role of a father I never had but saying that would make his daughter-

Bzzzzz Bzzzzzz*

My phone vibrates in my left pocket while I'm walking down the stairs of my apartment building, living on the seventh floor is painful. I answer the call after looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Monster, how have you been?"

Ryuuen. I could see him grinning through the phone call.

"I've been doing well, I guess. How about you?"

"Kukuku, very good, very good! I managed to open a bar a couple weeks ago. It's called 'Dragon District' sounds nice, right?"

Somehow I'm not surprised he opened a bar, it's very....befitting of him.

"Sounds straight out of one of those isekai animes but it's very befitting. Anyways, how did you get my number? Sakayanagi?"

"Who else? Not like anyone else in the school would've gotten your number after you changed it once we graduated, monster."

"Even so, I gave my number to her father, not her. Seems she's still a 'daddy's girl.'"