Log 2: forgettable past and unforgivable future (part 1)

Kiyotaka's perspective
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Really?

Why should I do this?

Should I... turn back?

No. I've come too far. I've invested too much into this.

It's currently 1pm and I still have 6 hours until I have to go back home to start making enough dinner for two.

'My stomach is hurting from knowing what's about to happen. Well, more like from the person about to make that happen.'

I open the door to a bar and it really should be a no brainer why I don't want to be here. I heard going to social places with a friend can accelerate your social skills, so I messaged Ryuuen for help in terms of socializing. What I mean is slang and things to help find my true self.

The white room embedded information into my very core to the point that I can't show emotions on my face but can recognize them. This can give people the impression of me being emotionless.

I wonder if I can be like how Hirata was like?

Walking with the most neutral demeanor if that makes any sense, I approach the bartender.

"Excuse me, is Kakeru Ryuuen here?"

The old bartender looked up from organizing items under the counter and stood up once he got a good look at my face.

"Oh, Kakeru? He'll be here in a second. Are you the friend that went to ANHS with him?"

"I am. Did he tell you?"

"Kakeru never told me anything noteworthy about his time in ANHS. I only know you because I was at the graduation ceremony."

So he must've heard the speech given by the Chairman at the end, then. The next pieces of dialogue could alter a couple of things.

The old man then looked as if he forgot something a few seconds after finishing his sentence.

"Oh right, since you're a companion of Kakeru, I'd imagine how hard it must be to get along with him. As his guardian, I would like to apologize on his behalf if he's caused you any trouble in the past."

Even after being in the outside world for almost a year, I still find people like this to be too good to be true.

Living in and out of happiness only after so much experience of this world. This is the life I want to live... I guess...

A man then cuts our conversation short, ordering a drink.

"Hey uh can I get a drink, the usual please."

"Sorry Richard, we don't serve alcoholic beverages until 5, I've told you many times."

"Okay fine, then I'll be getting a coffee."

"That's more like it."

Few more minutes passed by and I solemnly promised myself to never enter a bar again. All of a sudden, the man known as Richard turned towards me to ask a question.