26

Date: June 3rd 2017

Well, I made it.

My forty weeks mark is today. I've officially hit full term in my pregnancy and I'm happy. Though he gave us a scare a couple days ago, my joy was healthy. Coming down to this time, my mind was busier than usual.

Reality had set in and I was about to be a mother. An entire being was depending on me for survival across the board and it scared me honestly. The difference with working with children and having your own, you could give back other peoples children. Now, here I am, just a few days or even hours away from having my own.

Everyday I prayed and meditate and built up that peaceful energy around me, as I prepare to greet my son soon.

*******

"Knock, knock."

Looking up when I heard her voice, I gave Ms. Sheila my attention as she came in. Holding a tray in her hand, I figure it was breakfast.

"I noticed you were taking a bit long so I decided to bring it up for you."

"Thank you." I nodded as I took the tray with gratitude. "Have you eaten as yet?"

"Not yet. Once everyone is settled, then I get into my time."

"Ah okay. Umm, would you like to join me?" I asked a bit skeptical.

"Oh, um, sure."

"Okay, great. We can sit out back if you want."

"Ouu no, it's too hot outside. We can either eat downstairs or the sitting space in my room."

"Your room it is." I nodded.

Moving the tray for me, I took my time getting up. With my son in birthing position, my belly felt heavier than usual.

"You got it?" She asked as she saw me hold my belly.

"Yeah. He's just more to the right today." I shook my head. "Whew." I let out jokingly. "Alright, I'm good."

Surprising me with a laugh, we guided me to her room before going and get her breakfast. With our son coming in any time, I wanted to try again with her. Hopefully this is a good start.

 Hopefully this is a good start

"This is beautiful." I complimented her.

"Thanks. I keep it like this because I keep everyone out." She responded. "They'll tear this room apart if I'm not careful." She shook her head.

Sitting in the chair opposite me, we said a small prayer and blessed our meal before eating and conversing.

"So? Are you ready for him?"

"Ready or not, he's coming." I said jokingly.

"That he is. How do you feel though? Aug mentioned your mucus plug came out."