21

Chrysta

"Yes mommy, I know."

"You don't need to sound so exasperated."

"How am I not too when this is the seventh time you've called me to tell me about the same thing. I have my list and I'm trying to walk through Charlotte St and get what I have to get done quickly."

"Well fine. I'm sorry."

"I will call you when I get home."

"Okay fine. Be safe."

"Yeah."

Shaking my head, I dropped my phone in my bag, as I zipped it up while walking, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry."

Looking up, I was staring in the face of my ex. Sighing, I rolled my eyes and was about to walk off when he pulled me by my arm.

"Let go of me." I shook him off.

"I just want to talk."

"Well talk to God." I answered and walked off.

"Chrysta? Chrysta!" He called after me.

Ignoring him, I turned the corner and made my way to a baby store. Entering, I smiled at the attendants as I greeted them.

"Baby items are upstairs." One instructed me.

"Thank you." I smiled and made my way there.

Making it to the top of the stairs, I stopped to catch my breath. Seeing everything that was there, I took out my list. Though I had gotten stuff with Shanice a while ago, I just got a feeling that I would need some more stuff.

"Looking for anything in particular?" I was approached.

"Yes and no. I have stuff already but."

"You want to be sure."

"Yes." I laughed lightly.

"Well if you need help with anything, just call me."

"I will, thanks."

Getting out my phone, I took pictures of the strollers and car seats. I've been home a week now and it's been an entire emotional rollercoaster. With my hormones being against me and Aug not coming when he was supposed to, I had a few overwhelming days.

"What you think?" I rubbed my belly. "Buy more stuff or hold out until daddy gets here?"

Though he was sleeping, he gave me a small bit of movement. Picking up a couple pieces of clothing, socks and beanies, I paid then left. Visiting a couple other stores I picked up some things for myself.

"Yeah, I'm hungry too." I spoke to my son as he moved around.

Making my way to Chruch's, I was craving their honey butter biscuits. Buying a two piece special with two extra biscuits, I found a comfortable seat and ate, while sorting my bags to lessen the load.

"You like them too huh bub?" I chuckled.

"Mind if I join you?"

Sighing, I ignored him while he stood there. Not in the mood for anything, I questioned why the devil was pushing me.

"Chrysta, I just want to talk." He sat down opposite me.

"Why are you harassing me? We have nothing to talk about. I don't have anything to say to you and I definitely don't want to hear what lies you have to tell me."

"Lies?"

"Yes lies. You've lied throughout our entire relationship. You've raised my anxiety and depression along with giving me PTSD, you're bad energy and I don't want you around me or my unborn child."