Prologue

A young older brother, Nightmare was reading the book against the large tree which he called it as mother. He didn't wants to join the villager because he was hated by the people in the village, due to his name and his ability that can lead people to suicide and death.

Everyone started to hated him, bullied him with no mercy, trying to kill him without him knowing but all of the attempt had failed because Dream came out of nowhere, they found Dream getting on to them so some of them tried to bring him to nowhere but that did not work on him.

Nightmare was reading his book that he always read everyday until Dream came up from down hill with bruises on his legs and cheeks that made him stop reading. He stood up, dropping the book to the ground before he hugged him. "Brother, are you okay? Did they hurt you!?"

"Nighty, I'm alright, I accidentally fall of the cliff to my death." Dream pouted as his brother was shocked by his words but his twin was only smile at the dark guardian. "But look at me, I'm alright! We're immortal after all! We can't die!"

His smile never changed, causing Nightmare felt the pain inside of him, thinking that he should take care of him so Dream won't hurt himself. The dark guardian secretly found out that he will hurt himself when Nightmare is hurt.

"My lovely twin, please don't do that again, you will hurt yourself more. How aren't you sad about hurting yourself?" Nightmare asked as they walked to the tree and sit down underneath it. "I mean, you look very happy seeing you hurt."

"If I see my brother hurt, I would do the same thing to myself! Now we're equal! Isn't that lovely?" Dream only gave him a chuckled, a soft chuckled as he lower his head with a gentle smile. "I know you're worried about me, but you don't need to. You have to worry about yourself and your surrounding."

"I can tell that you're being bully by them." Nightmare's eyes widened in shocked when his brother found out about it. "I really hate them now, although I wasn't supposed to. But they hurt you, trying to kill you. I hate when they do that."

"If you've been treated harshly then I will too! I don't care if I'm hurt! All I care is my best big brother! The best brother I ever had in my life!" Dream said, begin to hugged him gently. "I love you, Nighty. Please, don't hate me?"

"I won't. I will love you, Dream. I promise." That was Nightmare's last words before his personalities slowly change day by day.

He wasn't the Nightmare he used to be, he started to feel jealous that Dream having all the attention to those villagers, treating them as if Dream was their family but him, he was treated like no one. Hatred and jealous blinded him, until he forgot those words he said to his little brother.

When Dream came back and saw Nightmare was no longer reading the book he used to. He thought that he was depressed that those cruel villagers treated harshly so he decided to cheer him up, but his brother push him away from him.

"Stay away from me you freak! You're just like them. Go have fun with those sh*ts..." Nightmare shouted at him, glaring at him. "Don't come near me... I hate you, Dream..."

Dream didn't say anything, trying not to show his tears as the villagers heard the dark guardian screamed at his brother. It was their chance to kill him but they have to wait. The poor little brother slowly step back and walk away, finally letting dropping his tears, not want to let Nightmare see him weak.

He ran to the deepest woods, letting his cry out. Why? Is because I'm not good enough, does he need me? He was lost in thoughts as he stopped at his spot where he fell down off the cliff. He hated me... No! Don't think that Dream! Probably he's tired! Just give him space!

The positive guardian sat down at the edge of the cliff, staring at the night sky. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and sing to make himself feel better, after that he went back to his brother, seeing him asleep.

He sat down next to him as he was about to close his eyes he felt someone hugging him. Dream laid his eyes at the person who hugged him was actually his brother. "Nighty?"

"Shut up... I just want cuddles..." He was still pissed about his actions but there something that he wants this. He cannot answer or solve it.

"Brother, may I sing a lullaby?" Dream asked him, gently patting his head. His brother just slapped his hands from his head, showing him that he doesn't not want to be pat.

"Do what you want, as long your lullaby doesn't cringe in my mind." Nightmare said, closing his eyes and fall asleep until he heard Dream sing and thought he will use his happy lullaby, but it's not like the old time when Dream sing so happily.

I already know that your life isn't fair,
I already know that this already happened,
You have said to me that you hate me so much.
my tears in my eyes, had finally dried of my face.
Give me a reason, why you're acting like this to me?
Give me a reason, why do you hate me so much?
You and I were so close like the strings won't tear apart,
So sad that you've cut those strings so you can runaway, far from me

Nightmare couldn't sleep by his lullaby, he couldn't explain why but he listened.

Be honest with me, I won't stand in your way.
I will give you the wish, that you've been waiting for.
Maybe one day, that l was supposed to leave,
I'll gladly accepted it, although it's hurt inside.

Nightmare couldn't help but feeling hurt deep inside. His tears are falling like a waterfall, and it's hurt. He doesn't know why. Curse him! Why he made me feel pain!? I had enough! Please... Stop singing this song...

Be honest with me, I won't stand in your way.
I will give you the wish, that you've been waiting for.
Maybe one day, that l was supposed to leave,
I'll gladly accepted it, although it's hurt inside.

"I'll gladly accepted it, I'm sure you won't miss me..." Dream finally finished singing his lullaby, seeing Nightmare had fall asleep. "Goodnight, Nighty. Remember, I will always love you..."

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Dream was standing in front of the dead tree, gently put a red rose on top of the grave. "Nighty, hear my words. Be honest with me, do you really hate me that much?" He asked in front of the stone with sad smile.

"I can tell in your eyes, you want to kill me so badly, but why I can feel you that you never wanted this to happen?" Dream take the watering can as he begin to water the flowers that was surrounded him. "Should I redo my lullaby before I go, dear brother? I'm sure you won't mind, right?"

"I will gladly accept my death, I'm sure Nightmare won't miss me." He wiped his tears away. "I'm glad I have a lots of fun with you, I'm sorry that I cannot keep up. I have the agreement with Reaper, it was on the list and I have few months left before I go on my road. I love you dearly, brother. I won't join with you in hell or heaven."

"You won't see me, Nighty. I would love to say goodbye, because one day after my death. All of my memories inside of me will fade away, but remember what I said to you all the time, I will always love you, no matter how different I will be or forget about you My heart will always love." He said with a sad smile on his face, carrying the watering can before leave the garden.

"Be honest with me, I won't stand in your way. I will let you do, whatever you wish for. Maybe one day, that l was supposed to leave, I'll gladly accepted it, although it's hurt inside. I'll gladly accepted it, I'm sure you won't..." The Guardian stopped at his track when he saw someone was crying in front of him that made him slowly stop singing. "Miss... Me...?"